Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tool: Magic Item/Encounter Table Generator

Hey all, I sometimes enjoy quickly generating treasure on the spot and have a few third-party tools to help me do it.  But it would be really helpful if roll20 could take all the magical items I've accumulated through my purchases and form quick d20 tables based on rarity, item type, and/or maybe a few other settings that the DM could set. For example, if my group finds a few potions, it would be nice to have that tool to quickly generate a few potions by having a d10/d20 table auto generated with potions varied by rarity.  So maybe it randomly generates the table based on it's own quick rolls then I allow my players to make d20 rolls (not telling them what it's for) then consult the table to see what magical potions they've found. This could work for any system and could also include treasure, gold, and any other items one might find based on the compendium they're using.  It could give players and DMs more reason to buy content with magical items and treasures included.  This could also work with monsters to generate random encounters based on environment, rarity, difficulty, and any other factors the DM wanted to include. Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .