Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Clerics...a spell slots technical question.

ok this is 5e...today i was chatting with my player(a water priest from dark sun) and a thought came to mind. In the old days...clerics could select ANY spell from thier domains when memorizing spells. yet in the charactermancer you just pick specific spells when leveling. Did they remove clerics ability to draw on any spell in thier domains? and if not how do i implement this in game. Because its gonna be hard for a player to know what spells his god can grant him at each rest without going over a massive search thru compendiums to find them.
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
It's a Roll20 limitation. Spells add a lot of data to character sheets and having too many characters with full spell lists can ruin the performance of a game. You have several workarrounds available, creating 'Spell List' characters and using transmorgrifier/delete character to keep things tidy, Handouts with compendium links or using compendium search filters to drag&drop into the sheet on the go. I saw some script for spellbook management a while ago, but I haven´t tested it.