Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

How can we increase space?

I have been running multiple campaigns since 2020. 6gb of space is anemic and also counter intuitive to all the digital assets that are sold on the Marketplace or that we want to upload and use. How can we get more space? I see that as imperative for the continued use of Roll20 by anyone who is a power user. Even Google gives us 15gb for free. 
^ Free money idea right there Roll20 accountants...
6gb was a lot of space maybe years ago...something higher should be offered for sure.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Eh? I've been running 13th Age games since 2014 and a Pro subscriber since 2015 and I'm using only 274MB. 
Gold
Forum Champion
@Grand DM Your Marketplace purchases won't count against your quota if you use them directly from the Roll20 server (under Art > My Purchases in the game).  If you need to download the art, remake it, and upload, then yes that counts. @Andrew Songs/audio takes up a lot of room quickly for those who use that feature (jukebox, upload). Some games use a lot more graphics/art than others too.

Edited 1637424276
Andrew R. said: Eh? I've been running 13th Age games since 2014 and a Pro subscriber since 2015 and I'm using only 274MB.  I'm not sure how that's relevant to my request. I would like more space. If you don't need it then that's great.
There is no logistical argument that possibly makes sense against it. Every Pro user that signs up gets 6g of space. It's not like they are turning people away from giving them $109. So there is no reason why some accounts could not spend a tad more for increased space.

Edited 1637442325
Grand DM said: Andrew R. said: Eh? I've been running 13th Age games since 2014 and a Pro subscriber since 2015 and I'm using only 274MB.  I'm not sure how that's relevant to my request. I would like more space. If you don't need it then that's great. Maybe Andrew was trying to be helpful by pointing out that one can be smart about conserving the allotted space but worded it a bit poorly. I am not going to vote for this as I am in same boat with Andrew, having spent only 15% of my quota and thus I can spend my available votes for suggestions that really matter for me. But having said that, I agree that this should be very easy to implement and would be very easy money for Roll20.
I work in the IT field, space is the cheapest thing there is right now. A decent animated map uploaded and used is easily pushing the 10mb limit. My campaigns are heavy on animated assets (many that I create) and music files.  I know I'm not the only other person who is up against the 6gb limit because of running multiple campaigns. That number may have worked a few years ago, but it's absolutely not sufficient now and especially as a 'feature' for $109/year. If I had my druthers PRO would be increased a few gigs and another tier would be available for those who want even more space. It's easy money with no down side for Roll20.
This should be a no brainer. I too work in IT and storage is crazy cheap. While only having a plus account my single campaign I run I have over 1100mb of used space out of the allotted 3gb. It would be much more if Roll20 could actually support any high res gifs for map backgrounds. I’m am forced to resize them to poor quality so they actually upload. If I was running 5 campaigns on pro I’d have no room for more and sure as hell not deleting something I’ve spent 100s if not 1000s of hours working on after it’s completed in case I wanted to run again in the future. Selling more storage space even for a premium, is easy money.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .