Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Save journal offline

I am going thru and make lots of monsters with macros linked to tokens. Its taking up a lot of room and was wondering if it was possible to save them off line to upload when i need them?
I don't believe there is a way to save them off line, but you can archive character sheets/journal entries if you're finding you have quite a lot of them and are having trouble sorting through the list. if you click the edit button in the journal entry, you should then find the archive button next to the duplicate button underneath the "tags" textbox. You should then see a listing in the journals that says "1 archived." The number will change depending on the number of items you have archived. You can UNarchive them by clicking on that line and choosing the restore button next to the items you want.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you upgrade to the Mentor level, you can use the Transmogrifier to copy them over to a holding campaign, and move them in and out as needed.
I will have to try the archive part. I'm at 212MB / 1000MB and just getting started so wanted to figure out a way to do this before i get so far into and realize I filled up all my space.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some things to consider if you're worried about your image storage space: Make sure you're not accidentally uploading the same image repeatedly. If you've already used an image, it's in your library, and you can pull it from the image search tab, instead of dragging the image in from outside the VTT; dragging from outside will upload the image again. Unless the image needs transparency, consider using JPG images. The image format is compressed, unlike PNG.