Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to see "true" or "false" instead of "0" or "1"

No idea how to do this.  I searched this forum and google in general for like 2+ hours, no one has ever asked this question before apparently.... Example:  [[1d20<5]] I want to either see "true" or "false" (the words), not "0" or "1".

Edited 1638351968
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'd need to use either an API script or a rollable table trick to do that. People have asked how to have dice rolls report text as the output, which is what you're asking here, and roll20 dice macros are just not able to do that.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Yep... you should look into Muler and/or APILogic as ways to get the result you're talking about. These are metascripts that can either output the information you're looking for, or deposit their returned value in the command line of another script.
you could set it up as a rollable table, with "false" having a weight of 5 and "true" having a weight of 15. 
Dalton said: you could set it up as a rollable table, with "false" having a weight of 5 and "true" having a weight of 15.  mind=blown. this is an awesome way to think. not sure i have a usage case for it, but i love the idea!!!