Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animated rotation has become very expensive with dynamic lighting

Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi all, For some years now, I regularly create some rotation movement on a token by changing its 'rotation' field every 0.1 second (using setTimeout). It has been working quite fine until now. Today, I noticed that such animation causes chrome to use 100% CPU (and intractable slowdown) as soon as dynamic lighting is on. LDL or UDL doesn't seem to make a difference, and the token does not have vision and is on the map layer. I just have to do this for 1 token to observe the issue. First of all, could some of you confirm my observations? And if yes, anyone has advice on how to avoid such issues (while still performing API animation) ?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It seems that was just a local regression. It all works fine today.