Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Show Success or Failure

I want the following to display whether it is a success or failure. /roll [[(1d6+?{Use Skill?|No,0|Yes,1d6}+?{Push?|No,0|Yes,1d6})]]>?{Difficulty?|Medium,3|Hard,4|Very Hard,5} Currently I get Suggestions?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could use the rollable table selection 'trick' ?

Edited 1638900575
Joab
Pro
I tried that, but I get the same result the first time, and then nothing at all. Am I missing something? [[ 1t[[[ {[[(1d6+?{Use Skill?|No,0|Yes,1d6}+?{Push?|No,0|Yes,1d6})]]>?{Difficulty?|Medium,3|Hard,4|Very Hard,5}} ]]] ]]
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah the dice roller can be awkward when dealing with success/failure mechanics... the following should do it: [[ 1t[[[ {[[ 1 + ?{Use Skill|No,0|Yes,1} + ?{Push|No,0|Yes,1} ]]d6,0d0}>?{Difficulty|Medium,3|Hard,4|Very Hard,5} ]]] ]]
That didn't work either. No change.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
What are your table names? What Ziechael is suggesting works with tables named "1" and "0". Table "1" has a single entry of "Success!" and table "0" has a single entry of "Failure!":
That's how I have it set up.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Your original post apparently lost the image of what you see when you do this (you can't paste the image into the box... you have to upload it or have it hosted somewhere and then use the "Image" button). Can you explain and/or screenshot what your result is?