Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll-Macro: Keep highest AND lowest

Edited 1638900567
Hi there, is there a way to roll three d6 and sum up the highest and he lowest dice? I wasn't able to figure it out :( My theoretical best result is  rolling /roll {3d6kh1}kl1 ... strangly, the mid-dice is kept, everything else is discarded. Oddly it's the same when using  rolling {3d6dh1}dl1.  Someone with a solution to this? Greetz, Hati

Edited 1638941015
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont believe there's any way to do this without an API script (or new computer sheet worker roll), both of whcih require a Pro subscription. For a hack, you could build a rollable table with all the odds of the 3d6 roll computed, and showing the sum of the highest and lowest. But you'd need to calculate the weights of each result.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
If this is a common roll for a particular RPG, you could create a custom character sheet and use the custom roll parsing to accomplish, but it would still require someone with a Pro sub to create the character sheet (assuming it doesn't already exist), but the Pro sub would only be needed as long as it took to create the character sheet. Once the sheet is created, though, no Pro sub would be required and it wouldn't require the API.
For a hackier hack you can use /roll {[[1d6]],[[1d6]],[[1d6]]}k1 + {$[[0]],$[[1]],$[[2]]}kl1 which only works as a /roll command
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
RainbowEncoder said: For a hackier hack you can use /roll {[[1d6]],[[1d6]],[[1d6]]}k1 + {$[[0]],$[[1]],$[[2]]}kl1 which only works as a /roll command Interesting... I had tried that as an inline roll, not realizing there was a difference between inline and /roll.
With that command you'll keep the highest of the first roll of three and the lowest of the second roll of three, aren't you? Thats not quite the same, but thanks for the effort. It is a common roll for a series of one-page-systems made by Ursidice, where you roll either HIGH {3d6kh2} if you are good in something or LOW  {3d6kl2} if not. For every other roll, you use SPREAD {3d6kh1kl1}, which is, what I am looking for. But it seems to be  {3d6sd} and eyework :/
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The solution RainbowEncoder provided should do what you want for the SPREAD...the second set of stuff you see is a special notation to re-use the first three rolls, so it's not two different sets of 3d6, but the same 3d6 evaluated twice.
Oh ... okay. I am sorry for assuming wrong.  It is quite spammy but it does do the trick :) Thanks RainbowEncoder for providing a solution and thanks Finderski for clarification.
MAMS Gaming
Pro
Sheet Author
Finderski said: If this is a common roll for a particular RPG, you could create a custom character sheet and use the custom roll parsing to accomplish. I would like to do just that, but before I spend some time re-inventing the wheel, does anyone know where I could find pre-written code? or do you have an idea how it would be done? SCRPG also uses Max+Min of 3 Dice somewhat frequently.