Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with target number for Exalted 2.0

When I roll for a target number, I roll "xd10>7" for the roll as usual in Exalted. In Exalted, every rolled 10 counts as 2 successes. Is there a way to say that a roll of 10 counts as two sucesses so I don't have to mouseover every roll and then count my rolled 10s?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
I could be wrong-- I'm probably wrong. But. I think most of the tricks that might accomplish this would require you to always know the number of dice you needed to roll, because they would utilize a series of 1d10 rolls that were first compared against 7 and then reused and compared against 10. A different way of going about it would be with a script. Using Plugger and ZeroFrame (metascripts), you can have the same equation service any number of dice, even an ad hoc number. It can feed into another script, or just hit the chat with the result. Here is the solution broken out into a roll template just so you can see the component parts: !&{template:default}{{name=Roll Proof of Concept}}{{Base=[[?{Number of d10|10}d10>7]]}}{{Extra={&eval}getDiceByVal($[[0]] 10 all count){&/eval}}}{{Total=[\][\]$[[0]].value + {&eval}getDiceByVal($[[0]] 10 all count){&/eval}\]\]}}{&simple} And here is the basic roll equation with everything condensed: [\][\][[?{Number of d10|10}d10>7]].value + {&eval}getDiceByVal($[[0]] 10 all count){&/eval}\]\] If you embed that roll equation in a command line that includes other rolls, just make sure that the getDiceByVal plug-in is referencing the correct roll in the order. Since there is only one roll in this line (and therefore the roll we need to reevaluate is the first one), it uses $[[0]].
It is possible to use the failure target to differentiate the +0/1/2 success ranges. /r ?{Number of d10s|10}d10>10f<6 + ?{Number of d10s} using xd10>10<6 will give -1/0/+1 success over the 1-6, 7-9, 10 ranges which by adding +1 per dice gives the +0/1/2 ranges.
Thanks a lot. The last one works perfect!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
See. I was right. About being wrong. Just don't forget the being-right part, too.