Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character Sheets ..... Templates?

Will Roll20 be setting up templates for different styles of character sheets? It is one of the biggest items in PnP style gameplay and i have seen little documented on them. If this runs into any type of copyright issues, can DM/ ST's at least setup a template for their players to use?
Wouldn't it be easier if Roll20 was able to display pdf documents (just linking to documents in the cloud). That would cover character sheets without having to introduce templates in Roll20.
I agree, this is meant to be a virtual table top to accommodate a variety of game systems. Having a link that brings up your specific character sheet should be enough so that it can be viewed. Better yet have a group PC cheat sheet so that you can have all the pertinent data you want at fingers reach.
Not everybody is able to make PDF's, plus there is the constant need to change items like hit points and status, while also being able to update on the fly while you level. The ability for DM's to make sheets that could be set for their players to use as well as being able to share for other games would be quite helpful One thing I did for games in Google Hangout was use sheets from Google Docs, so that could be an easy integration of Roll20 is already looking to do some Google Hangout integrations.
I beg to disagree, everybody can make PDFs. You can make fillable PDF forms using only free programs. If you want to design them yourself, here is how I do it: I make a .png background using a graphic program (I use Photoshop, but GIMP would work also, of course, or really any graphic program), page size, 150dpi. All the fields names are placed on that background. Then, I create a new document in Open Office, I import the .png image I have made as background, I define the fillable fields (I mean the places where you can input the values) and export the document as fillable PDF. That's it. It is that easy and you can use only free programs if you want. To record a filled character sheet and add images on it, you shouldn't use Adobe Acrobat, but choose instead Foxit (for PCs) or PDFsigner (for Macs). Being a fillable form means that contents could be changed when needed. Though concerning Hit Points and status, I don't think that it is the role of character sheet, but rather of the token status bar and color bullets.
See Below
Just found this thread ..... It didn't show up in my initial search. We can end discussion here and continue there: <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/160/character-sheets#160" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/160/character-sheets#160</a>