Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Travel Calculator

Looking for a script to base a new script on. I want to make a travel-time calculator. You choose a (predefined) origin and a (predefined) destination, and it rolls a predetermined calculation (such as "New York" and "Southhampton" calculation is: 3+1d6 (days)). There would be 21 possible combinations. Thoughts? Thanks!
I just calculate this in session with a ruler on an overland map.  Why would there be a variable?  Its not like there is excessive traffic on I-95.  
This is for a steamship on the open sea in 1925. There are delays, weather, etc. As timing is an issue in the game, I want the variables.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you know all the locations ahead of time, you could do it with simple Roll Query for the base travel time and a multiplier for how much longer it will take. [[floor(?{Route|A->B,[A->B] 3|A->C,[A->C] 5|B->C,[B-C] 3} * (1 + (0.1*(1d20-1))))]] Days Travel If you wanted to script it, I'm not sure there's a good script to start with as a base, unless you haven't done any Roll20 API scripts, in which case I have a few links I'd suggest.
There is a script card script that does this. 
Thanks! No I have not yet created an API script. What is the name/where is the script card?