Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Infinite Loop shutting down the API Sandbox?

I only have two scripts installed:  Roll20 Audio Master and RecursiveTable. Yet this keeps happening over and over: Any ideas? Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Does this happen during the game, or between games? There has been some discussion about games that are very large having this issue on startup.  There isn't a good way to measure the size of a game to know if this is the issue, but do you feel like there is a lot of content in the game in question?

Edited 1641773004
It happens between games. The game in question is Rime of the Frostmaiden (purchased on Roll20) so it's pretty loaded with content. I have just started to add more too it over the past month.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
As long as it isn't happening during games, you can just restart the sandbox when you get logged in.  The sandbox is supposed to shut down between sessions, but sometimes in shutting down this happens (it pretty much always happens in my games).
Ugh, yet another thing that we have to work around? It should be fixed by Roll20. Thanks for the follow-up Aaron. Best wishes for a great week!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can't argue there, I sent a note to the devs about it because It hasn't always been like this.  I think this behavior showed up with some refactoring last year to the API sandbox. You have a great week also!
I think it is a container closedown issue. I have a script that is triggered by logon/logoff of players, this script updates some character attributes and this error happens frequently. I think that when the container is closed down during a long running process, the timeout mechanism is not stopped and thus triggered.