Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down.

Hi. I have a couple of community API scripts added to my campaign, and this error rears its ugly head periodically. I can play an entire session without ever seeing it, and then between sessions while I'm just doing setup or something it will occur. Or it might happen in the middle of a session. Restarting the sandbox makes it go away, temporarily, until the next random occurrence. I'm only using 2 scripts, both from the community. One is `ChatSetAttr` from the scripts library itself, and the other is `dup-turn`, taken from&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6817409/multiple-initiative-values-for-a-single-character/?pageforid=6817748#post-6817748" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6817409/multiple-initiative-values-for-a-single-character/?pageforid=6817748#post-6817748</a>. Given the lack of debugging information in the error, I have no idea where to begin determining what's causing the error. Can anyone help me to get rid of this error?
My guess is you just have too many sheets OR its an old session that could use a new set of sandbox paint aka remake the session from scratch and transmog everything into the new one.&nbsp; Don't just copy, you'll end up copying the problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm seeing this a lot lately with one campaign, but not with another, and I only have reliable scripts instealled in both. There's no reason you should be seeing that error, though as Eddie says, maybe if you have too much stuff in the campaign it might cause it. It also seems to be some glitch that plagues a campaign every now and then (the campaign I have seen the issue in doesnt have many sheets or maps). As Eddie suggests, I'd suggest creating a new campaign, and using the tranmsogrifer to transfer everything you need to the new campaign (you can move players, so you won't need to reinvite them - kick them from the old game so they don't try to play the wrong one!). You'll need to reinstall your scripts, though since you only have two this shouldnt be hard. Hopefully that'll stop the errors.
@GiGs - How do I move players between games? I see the option to kick them from Game A, but nowhere to move them to Game B.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You use the Transmogrifier.&nbsp;

Edited 1643115450
Grinning Gecko
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't have an option to move Players &nbsp;in the Transmogrifier. The headings I have are: Pages Characters Decks Handouts Rollabletables Jukeboxplaylist Can you give me exact instructions? Or am I missing an option somewhere?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can include players when you copy a game. To bring players into a brand new game, you have to invite the actual people. You can transmogrify their characters, though.
D&amp;D5e&nbsp; Enabled.... Status Info Combat Master Concentration Token Mod Token Action Maker was working until a week ago...tried disabling them 1 by 1.... No API's work Message..... Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected Any help would be great Already isolated them/disabled/ect....nothing is working
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post the log that shows below the pink error message? It might reference the offending passage. Also, if any of your APIs are manually entered, it might be good to check the code. A missing semicolon at the end can wreak havoc. Also, Status Info was rolled into Combat Master, you shouldn't need both.
Sorry to hijack the hijacking of this thread, but to go back to my original problem - I made a new game, transmogrified things, and on Saturday the issue arose again in the middle of a session. Restarting the Sandbox worked for the rest of the session, but I'd still like to know what's causing it. Or even how to troubleshoot it. The error message itself is useless.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There's nothing usable in the black log box below the pink error box? ChatSetAttr is pretty stable, and dup-turn was written by the Aaron, whose code is typically rock solid. It might be worth reaching out to him. As for the overarching problem, one or two sandbox crashes during a session is pretty typical, unfortunately. If you have extra monitor real estate, keeping a small window of the API visible isn't bad practice. It doesn't stop crashes, but alerts you more quickly so you can re-spin. You can also try APIHeartbeat , also by the Aaron, which puts a visual cue in your macro bar to alert you of crashes.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've seen infinite loop a few times now.&nbsp; I simply restart and all if good.&nbsp; Where is this coming from?&nbsp; No clue.&nbsp; Roll20 gets really really weird between sessions.&nbsp; Dynamic lighting goes out to lunch.&nbsp; Infinite loops appear.&nbsp; Who knows.&nbsp;
Thanks everyone. I guess I'm glad it's not just me :)