Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Music Track Glitch - Very Annoying

Edited 1643127695
I've been GMing on Roll20 for a couple years now, and I've just recently (past 2-3 weeks, maybe) encountered a rather annoying glitch. When I play music playlists in my games, sometimes the playlists will glitch and somehow, some reason, start playing 2 tracks at once (only one is at the top where it shows the track progress, but 2 are marked as playing below and audible). And sometimes, when I've stopped a track/playlist, and I click to play it again later, it'll start partway through and I don't seem to have a way to make it not do that. This has been very  distracting for me and some of my players; the music that's meant to establish mood is suddenly killing the mood when it gets glitchy. I actually spent hours deleting everything from my Roll20 music library, then re-uploading playlists and copying them to my 2 active games... And the glitch remains. I even made sure to only have 1 track uploading at once, thinking maybe that would help make sure the tracks themselves weren't glitchy. Redoing the whole library is the only thing I heard might help when I Googled it. Please fix this, staff people. I thank you in advance.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You should use the Help Center and Send a request to get Roll20 staff attention and create a ticket to track your issue. It’s mostly community support here. 
This happens when you close the webpage while a song is playing.  You have to stop playing the jukebox before you close the game out or next time you open the game, that playlist will just continue to play forever along with any other playlist you try to play.  The only way to fix the issue is to completely delete the playlist that's playing then re-create or re-upload it.  This has been a problem for several months now and I'm really hoping roll20 fixes it soon.
DM Raven said: ...You have to stop playing the jukebox before you close the game out or next time you open the game, that playlist will just continue to play forever along with any other playlist you try to play.  The only way to fix the issue is to completely delete the playlist that's playing then re-create or re-upload it.  This has been a problem for several months now and I'm really hoping roll20 fixes it soon. I don't think we're talking about the same thing... I never close the game while music is playing, and I was talking about multiple tracks from the same playlist playing together randomly.
Hey I noticed something wonky with the jukebox too. In our last game, whenever I played a new track, it would play both the new track and the previous one I had played just before it. I'd have to quickly find and manually stop the other track.  I use firefox and all extensions disabled, so I'm not sure if it is browser related or something R20 but this only started in the last week or two as well so the timing seems suspicious to me.  Also, like you, the game was never closed while this happened it was the same session just a very strange glitch.
I've also encountered this issue. It happens when I set my playlist to play on repeat or in a single lap, specifically. It seems that the only way to avoid this in my case is to have the playlist shuffle tracks instead.
Seems to be playing the same track as I ended the last session with. I have struggled with the issue for almost a month now, and there are, as far as I can tell, no signs roll20 is working on the issue and no viable solutions. Kinda sucks