Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Sheet - Skill roll output, is this working as intended?

Edited 1643535898
Hi Finderski, Could I ask you to take a look at the skills and how the modifiers are output when rolled, and sanity check they are working as intended. If I increment the 'inner' Edges/Hinderance modifier I would expect for the output that the skill die on the left hand side of the template shows 1d4 + modifier. (This does happen if you increase the 'outer' trait modifier, see right hand side image above). I would also expect the text placed in the Edge / Hinderances line to appear in the mouse over output showing Rolling 1d4! + 2[Edge/Hindrances text here]+0+0[Distracted, Wounds, Fatigue] +0 = etc If we increase the outer trait value, we do see  Rolling 1d4! + 2[trait]+0+0[Distracted, Wounds, Fatigue] +0 = etc Finally if we have an inner and outer we get  Rolling 1d4! + 2[trait]+2+0[Distracted, Wounds, Fatigue] +0 = etc, but the roll template only shows the 'trait' bonus of 1d4+2 Given the text is there I'd expect something like Rolling 1d4!+2[trait]+2[Alertness]+0[Distracted, Wounds, Fatigue] +0 = etc And perhaps in the template, an aggregation of both edge and trait modifiers so we see 1d4+4 in the case above. I think this is more transparent as to how the value has been achieved at a glance. PS. There's a typo on the word 'Edges' on the wild die text line, I just noticed when clipping this.

Edited 1643547182
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dresdon, Good catch on the typo, this will be fixed in the next sheet update. Also, It was an oversight that the Hindrances/Edges text wasn't included in the roll...that info is already there for the Core Attributes and not sure why I missed it on the skills...regardless, this will be updated with the next sheet release. I believe this should take care of your main concerns. Dresdon said: And perhaps in the template, an aggregation of both edge and trait modifiers so we see 1d4+4 in the case above. I think this is more transparent as to how the value has been achieved at a glance. If I understand your request correctly, you'd like to see this above the roll, where the Skill's rank is currently displayed. The reason it's not displayed there is that is really just for the Skills rank. What you refer to as the "outer trait value" is actually viewed (at least by me) as part of the Rank, since that is one value that may affect derived stats. For example, Fighting. If you have a Fighting of d12+2, that impacts your Parry. Most Edges or Hindrances don't affect the "Rank" of the skill, which is what the "inner" value is for. Then, there are other misc. modifiers that may be applied to the roll as well.  My aim for that top label was just to show the Rank of the skill being rolled and not all the stuff that goes into that roll (such as Wound/Fatigue Modifiers), etc. However, I do see what you mean by the showing information for transparency sake. To take the approach mentioned (sum the "outer" and "inner" values) is actually not as easy as it sounds in this particular case because of how information is stored (and it's done this way to help other parts of the sheet be able to calculate stuff more easily). However, there may be some other options I can explore. I'll add this to the list of things to look into and see what can be done to make things a bit easier at a glance. But for purposes of your main question, I've double-checked everything as a sanity check and it is working as intended at the current time.
Cheers for the reply. If it makes sense for that area to just show the "Rank" of the skill, then keep it that way. Especially if you use that field the derived stats. Mouseover will show the roll details, and if the Edge/Hinderance text is in there also, we'll have more context.  Keep up the good work :)