Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Full Moon light

Hey guys! Just wondering: is there any way to simulate on a map with dynamic lighting a full-moon dim-lighted situation? It should be like a diffuse light on all the map, which would allow players to have a general idea of the surroundings without showing them clearly. I think it could be done with a way modulate the intensity of light from the light source and setting it to a size big enough to cover the whole map... Any ideas or comments? Thank you in advance, Leo
You can definitely set it to cover the whole map. If you were a mentor, you could use dim lighting to affect the effect you want to affect the players with.
JonathanTheBlack said: You can definitely set it to cover the whole map. If you were a mentor, you could use dim lighting to affect the effect you want to affect the players with. +1 for proper use of affect and effect!
Jonathan, you mean that there is an effect to do that but it is limited in use only to mentors? ;(
It is part of the dynamic lighting feature but currently only on the dev server. You can specify two light radii one for bright light and one for dim light. None of the devs are around for me to confirm but I believe that feature will be rolled to the main site eventually, but as with the normal dynamic lighting feature will only be available to subscribers.
Ok thank you Eric! So, being a Subscriber already, hopefully I will get it on day or another!! :)
Yup, being a subscriber you should see it the next time there is a feature update on the main server :)
Wouldn't this light affect ability be limited because maps don't have elevation, so shadows won't be cast by hills and trees on a map.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
you can draw a contour line on the DL layer to the represent the backside of the hill.