Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Inquiry of Interest: Mage (M20, Sorcerers Crusade, &/or Awakening)

Hello! I am thinking of starting up some form of Mage game. I have a few players from my D&D groups (OSR and some 5e) that are interested in learning another style and system. I have been going over the rules trying to figure out a way to make it simple and keep it engaging. My ideas are all over the place, and I could use the assistance of one or more others that are more experienced with these games. My experience with these are mainly with M20, Sorcerers Crusade, and older editions of Ascension. I have never played Awakening but I have the entire series and it fascinates me. I also have the Mage Translation Guide and Mage Made Easy. I know I cannot do everything at once, and I need to tighten my focus. I have pretty much decided to go with M20, as it is the most current and I still have KS books for it on the way. So really, the form of assistance I am seeking is someone experienced with the game that can be both a sounding board for ideas, a mentor player, and maybe an occasional SG. I have been playing so much OSR lately that I have forgotten how to do anything but sandbox.
Just to  add, the players I have do not know anything about metaplot, differences between versions, or any of the fine details. It is liberating, but it is a level of creative freedom that can be intimidating.
What day/time would this game be?
That is yet undetermined. As I mentioned, I am inquiring to see if anyone with experience might be interested. It will probably be in the evenings. I am starting up a new job next month and I know that I will have nights free.
I assume you mean evenings US times unfortunately? otherwise i would be interested, european tho. I'm a rookie at mage but fairly experience at other world of darkness games

Edited 1645913809
I am mainly only experienced with Mage the Ascension, M20, and Sorcerers Crusade. Other oWoD games did creep in around the edges back in the 1990s, but mainly all I know of them is that they are dice pool games. Mechanically, I think the CoD games are much better, but the oWoD setting is what attracts the most fans. Heck, I myself am a long time Ars Magica player, and having a *second* game with an Order of Hermes is just pretty awesome. I specifically mean evenings Central Standard Time, which is GMT -5. The US is freaking *huge*! So my players on the west coast are GMT -7, and the ones in Hawaii are GMt - 9 or -10! So I do understand if the time difference makes it too difficult to participate in live play.
Are you looking for players or just someone to help you with running the game?
Players that are experienced with the game and that can help newbs learn the game. I play a lot of OSR and some 5e with these guys. Players that can help run the game are always helpful! I want to scale a few things back as M20 practically drowns you with options. Great for oWoD vets, but overwhelming for a new player. To that end, the help I need is feedback on my HR ideas. I am wide open to ideas. As the title states, this is merely an inquiry of interest and not a recruitment post for an active game. But if things work out, I plan to get a chronicle up and running in the spring.
Is it fair to assume that this is not a professional game?
It would not be a paid game, if that is what you mean. Not that I disparage any who succeed at that. But that's just not my style.
Oh man, I've been looking for a M20 game for ages, unfortunately I'm European here too... hopefully you find someone to help you out.