Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Sheet not pulled

Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello there, That's 2 week in a row that I make a release of my custome Sheet (Earthdawn FASA Official), and that while the pull request seems successful, I see that the HTML used in roll20 is not the latest. I see that my latest code is on the Github, but hat is running is not my latest one. I received by email a notification that us related to my repository, that I didn't have before. Anyone can support on what I am doing wrong ? [Jiboux/roll20-character-sheets] Charsheets Actions workflow run Charsheets Actions: All jobs have failed
Hi Jiboux, It isn't clear yet, why, but this sheet in particular keeps slipping the part of the character sheet service that responds to sheet changes and updates the site. I have manually updated the sheet, so you should now see those changes, and we're going to be investigating as to why this is the case. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will update here once we have some more information.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
OK, Thanks Nic, so this is just me :) If it can help, I have been changing how I upload to Github. Before I was doing it via the app, and now I am doing it directly on the github site, but I don't see the difference it should make... I can see the commit to my repository/branch, and then the pull request, similar to when I do with the app
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ooh! You may want to check your newline translation. 
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Andrew, Can you explain what you mean by newline translation? Do you mean the character used in newline like \n ?
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes! It's different in Unix (including Linux) and Windows and old MacOS, etc., and GitHub has a setting to translate these from the server representation to the client representation. At my last job, where they used a mix of Linux, MacOS, and Windows, this was a constant bugbear when people didn't get their settings right. Stuff would just fail to pass tests or compile etc., all the time. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Everyone submitting files to the repo should make sure they are using LF and not CRLF&nbsp; Editors like vscode or even notepad++ have the option.&nbsp; Set and forget. ;-) Good article on the subject: <a href="https://www.aleksandrhovhannisyan.com/blog/crlf-vs-lf-normalizing-line-endings-in-git/" rel="nofollow">https://www.aleksandrhovhannisyan.com/blog/crlf-vs-lf-normalizing-line-endings-in-git/</a>
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks a lot... Checking my editor (Atom on Mac OS), it is actually set to CRLF (and I can change it to LF)... BUT I have already done pull requests in the past and didn't change this setting in my editor... I have changed my way of making the pull request (I was previously making the commit via the Github App, and then making the pull via the website, but found that there were less steps when making the commit directly on the github website), but I do believe that I did it at least once successfully. How would you recommend I confirm that it is indeed the problem? (waiting until next pull request is sure an option, but with one pull a week, it is a bit cumbersome to make some tests).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure what the answer is Jiboux. ;-( I just synced my desktop app with the repo and... The Earthdawn sheet seems to have been submitted with CRLF line endings.&nbsp;
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
OK, well in any case, I'll resubmit it in LF, but wanted to pull any ideas to check it differently. Vince, Andew thanks a lot for your support ! Very appreciated !