Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Colored lighting makes tokens translucent

Edited 1648497095
I'm new to a payable roll20 account. I've started using DL. I've watched a number of online tutorials, read a few reported bugs threads, and haven't found an answer to the following. Actuallyl, this is either a question, a bug report or a feature I do not understand well. Apologies, and thank you in advance, if there is an easy answer to this :) If I set a light source (on any layer) to be colored, all tokens become translucent, including in the bright light area for a creature without darkvision enabled. A creature with darkvision enabled does not have that problem.... Unless I put a colored tint on the creature's darkvision. Then, other tokens becomes translucent also. Note: these [bugs?] don't seem to systematically happen, but they do seem to occur most of the time. Generally, is there a way to: a) use colored lights without affecting token opacity b) use tinted darkvision without affecting token opacity Translucent tokens are nearly invisible to everyone. We've, unfortunately, decided to avoid using colored lighting or tinted darkvision because of that. Thanks for any help! :)

Edited 1648498267
Sounds sorta like that UDL requiring all sheets to have a player or the DM assigned to them or else they are given a transparency.  One more reason I never enable UDL fwiw.  LDL never ever messes up.