Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

It would be nice to be able to distinguish "light" vs "darkvision sight" as a GM.

So when I'm running games, it's really hard for me to distinguish when someone is using a torch and when someone is using darkvision.  This is important to me as perception checks will differ depending on the type of sight (light vs darkvision) being employed in an area.  There are also niche cases where someone using darkvision won't see something where someone using light will.  So if light and darkvision would behave differently on tokens that would be great.
Are you aware of the Night Vision settings for tokens? Turn Night Vision on, set the distance, give it a Tint color, and set the Night Vision Effect to Nocturnal. Now when you hit "Ctrl-L" (as GM), you'll see what the token sees and everything in Dim/Bright light will show as fully lit, and areas of No Light (acting as Dim for a Darkvision character), out to the range of their Darkvision will be tinted as the color you set. This is also what the player will see. This help page goes into more detail: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360051754954-Token-Settings#-what-are-the-vision-settings--0-3" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360051754954-Token-Settings#-what-are-the-vision-settings--0-3</a> Just asking, because it's not clear how this doesn't solve your use case/suggestion. If it doesn't, perhaps some more detail in your suggestion is required.

Edited 1648768033
Hey that's a neat feature!&nbsp; I didn't know about using the colors.&nbsp; Thanks for the tip!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .