Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][PAID][D&D5E][FORGOTTEN REALMS][SUNDAY 8PM EST] Whisper from Beyond

Edited 1649384216
Buzzing atmosphere of Baldur's Gate has become even more vivid with return of the "Golden Crane" trade ship. It came back from Chult bringing most wondrous stories about Jungle Lords, some mysterious group recently encountered by settlers from Fort Belisarius. They poses powers beyond mortal's reach and are capable of unimaginable craft. Thing that heated up every faction in Baldur's Gate is new metal which, according to captain Bartholomew Crane, commander of the "Golden Crane", is capable to cat through everything. As a proof to his words, captain presented an Axe made of this unknown alloy. Early tests of said metal proved it's supernaturally sturdy and sharp. It can cut through adamant with single blow and not even magic can damage it. What is more interesting, said metal resists any form of inspection, both natural or magical. Sages from Candlekeep after 3 weeks of intense studies eventually gave up on the task, announcing that there is no known meaning that would allow to identify or study the nature of said metal. House Irlentree, who owns "Golden Crane", sent envoys with announcement, that anyone capable of identifying said alloy will receive 10000 gold pieces of reward and status of honorable member of their family. What happened next is easy to imagine. City was flooded by all kinds of charlatans, vagabonds, lunatics and bums, all claiming to be capable of solving the problem (with no effect whatsoever). City of Crime that has been boiling already, with the surge of all these new troublemakers turned into the most hostile place throughout entire Sword Coast. And then things went even more crazy... Ships of other companies that ventured to Fort Belisarius never returned. At first there was a suspicion that weather may be a cause of a delay but with passing weeks it has become more and more obvious that the ships are gone for good. All attempts of divination failed but were able to establish few very disturbing facts. Fort Belisarius has been deserted and it's entire personnel is gone. Chult has become very hostile, from common tribes to smallest of animals and plants, it turned against every outsider. There is an unknown structure within the jungle, that seams to be made of same metal as an axe of captain Crane. The Chult Peninsula is surrounded by heavy storms that makes it almost impossible to safely reach the land beyond them. There was also another detail that was overlooked by most. Captain Crane who was very proud, loud and always on sight, suddenly disappeared from the public view. The exact reason is unknown, some of the more informed ones claim that he is simply afraid of the Guild, which is targeting him to get his wondrous axe. Others, less numerous, say that he came back sick and is currently on his last legs, which is carefully covered by proud Irlentree clan. There is one more rumor whispered among the most drunk and insane among the lunatics who ventured to Baldur's Gate after the voyage of "Golden Crane". According to this rumor it is not captain Bartholomew Crane who came back from Chult, but something much, much different... But who would listen to them... Part 2. A lot has happened in Baldur's Gate. During their servitude for Flaming Fists and House Irlentree, the Party has encountered some very disturbing foes and experienced unexplainable events. It is becoming clear that someone is scratching their heels all the time. But who? Now in possession of some very sought for objects and on board of their own vessel the party is leaving Baldur's Gate, setting course on mysterious Chult that recently has become inaccessible for all sort of communication and teleportation magic. What the Axe of captain Crane really is? What was the strange Frogman talking about? Who were the abominations that slaughtered Zents in Upper City? Answer to that lies most likely deep in the jungles of the South. But will the party be able to ever get there? Greetings everyone! Our campaign is moving forward with steady pace. Unfortunately due to irl issues we have lost 2 players which opens the possibility to join our merry band (so perhaps not so unfortunate after all). Current party level is 5 and the second chapter will take place on the sea vessel, taking the course on mysterious land of Chult. By the end of this campaign the party should be at level 15 so there is still a lot to experience and do. follow the guidelines and the link, you know the rest ;) About Me. My name is Paul, 42yo. I have over 20 years of experience in RPG (mainly DMing) and 2 years on this platform. I am running official and homebrew content on Roll20 for mature players. My sessions are predominantly paid and I am doing my best to maintain them professional (but also funny, after all these are meant to be games). I keep my prices at reasonable level of 10$/session. What you do and don't pay for. You pay for: My time. &nbsp;It takes a while to prepare a session and even when you are using official publications most of the time maps will still require a lot of DM's polishing. Session itself also require 100% of my attention and I give it. Together those things consume significant amount of time every week, making me less capable in daily activities and work. By supporting me, you ease the burden of sustaining my needs and allow me to focus more and more on making "a good time" for you and other members of your party. Responsibility. More often than not free games fall apart. There are multiple reasons to that but from my own experience nmbr 1 is lack of responsibility and dedication both on side of DM and players. Providing tip to DM creates an atmosphere of mutual responsibility, where game is no longer just a game but also commitment and "trade good". It automatically sets much more mature approach from both sides of the deal. You have the right to expect from me and other members for what you have paid for and me and other members of the party have the right to expect the same from you. Small group. Being a part of big group may sound like a great idea but when it comes to time management it quickly becomes a huge problem. Session can only last as much (usually around 4 hours) and having more than 5 players in the party significantly cuts the amount of time that each individual member has for his/her interactions. Another problem in bigger group is that more charismatic players can take over the stage and push less "frontline" oriented to the margin. Since my games almost never cater more than 5 players you will never experience these problems here. You don't pay for: Unfair treatment. Paying does not mean that you can expect something extra in return (additional features, secret powers, extra magic items etc.).&nbsp; Access to homebrew content. I run my games based on official books and don't use UA and specially homebrewed assets at all. It doesn't mean that I go dot to dot with textbooks (I absolutely do not) but you can't expect to have access to these materials only because the session is paid. Unbalanced content is a game killer. BS (both mine and yours) so be respectful and expect no less. I am interested in joining your game, what do I do? I am very happy to see that! I really am, believe me and I thank you for appreciating my content. Now go to the "Applications" topic below this listing <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/313251/whisper-from-beyond" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/313251/whisper-from-beyond</a> and leave your response following the form presented there. You don't have to leave your contact information out in the open, you can send your Discord ID in PM if you prefer to do so.&nbsp; Thank you for reading and stay with my Best Regards!&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of 10$/session via PayPal (with monthly discount). Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
Spot is still open.