Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Blackguard from Volo's

I'm using Blackguard's from Volo's Guide to Monsters and discovered that the NPC card is wrong: 1. It's missing the Blackguard's AC 2. It's missing the Blackguard's speed 3. It's missing the Blackguard's shortbow attack All of these are in the physical published book. Could the card please be updated?  Thank you.
I just dragged the Blackguard into a campaign and it came over intact. Maybe if you delete the BG entry in your journal and drag it in again from the Compendium it will come over correctly?
No. I had just copied it over from the Compendium into a campaign, and I checked it twice. I edited the sheet to have the AC and Speed, but you can see that the Shortbow info is missing in the pic.  Also, a new copy dragged onto a map in the campaign, still comes over without the AC and Speed as you'll see. Jim R. said: I just dragged the Blackguard into a campaign and it came over intact. Maybe if you delete the BG entry in your journal and drag it in again from the Compendium it will come over correctly?

Edited 1649451096
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Saul! What Jim is saying is that if you have a copy of Blackguard already in a campaign, a fresh compendium drag will not overwrite that copy. This is in order to preserve homebrew and personal edits. To ensure you are getting the Blackguard intact from the compendium, you must make sure that all copies of that sheet with the same name have been removed from your game, or renamed. This includes archived sheets. You can test this yourself by creating a brand new game and dragging in the blackguard. I just did this and it comes through with Speed, AC and shortbow attack.
I'm not sure that what he or others said makes much sense. I had never used Blackguard before in the campaign, and when I dragged it from the compendium, it had no AC and no Speed and no shortbow action. I was surprised by it, and posted the original post starting this thread after I looked at the compendium entry and saw that there was no AC, no speed and no shortbow on the card in the compendium entry. keithcurtis said: Hi Saul! What Jim is saying is that if you have a copy of Blackguard already in a campaign, a fresh compendium drag will not overwrite that copy. This is in order to preserve homebrew and personal edits. To ensure you are getting the Blackguard intact from the compendium, you must make sure that all copies of that sheet with the same name have been removed from your game, or renamed. This includes archived sheets. You can test this yourself by creating a brand new game and dragging in the blackguard. I just did this and it comes through with Speed, AC and shortbow attack.

Edited 1650417274
Sadly, I can't reproduce the issue: Blackguard comes through fine for me as well. (The stat block is correct in the compendium, and bringing a blackguard character into the game correctly populates the character sheet, with the shortbow attack and armor class both present.) I think keithcurtis' suggestion of deleting or renaming your current blackguard character, and then doing a fresh drag from the compendium, is your best bet. Make sure to allow the character sheet plenty of time to load--I'm not sure if this is what caused your issue, but there used to be instances in which closing the character sheet window early would corrupt the character (which is a bug in and of itself, though one that I thought had been resolved). [Edit: In fact, it's almost cetainly not what caused the issue, since I just imported a blackguard and instantly closed the window, and the character still came through fine. It's a bit of a mystery.] Please let us know if deleting/renaming, followed a a fresh import, works. Edit 2: I have seen a few instances now where an NPC character sheet has an AC, the blue bubble (Bar 2) of the associated token is set to display npc_ac, but the bubble is displaying nothing, as in Saul J's Blackguard screenshot. WORKAROUND: I find that toggling the token's Bar 2 attribute from npc_ac to anything else, and then back to npc_ac, fixes the issue.