Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

EasyExperience throws incorrect error message

I'm using the EasyExperience API script with the Roll20 D&D 5e Sheet. The API works as intended in that I can add experience and it is correctly split up amongst the PCs. However, I get an error message for each PC saying " The character sheet for  {PC_NAME}  has not generated an experience attribute yet, please ensure the current xp on all characters is set to something (even if it is 0) " All of the characters have an experience attribute and it's correctly applying the XP to the characters, but this error appears for each character every time. I'm also not seeing any prompt to say "you have levelled up" or similar despite the XP thresholds being set. I'll admit the documentation for the script doesn't say it specifically does do this, but it seems to imply it understands when a level is reached and I assumed I'd see some kind of message when it occured. Any and all assistance is much appreciated :) 
This happened to me, you need to go to the attribute tab of the characters, find the "experience" attribute and add the next threshold. To explain better, let say your character is lvl 1 and you have 50 exp. the character experience attribute needs to be 50/300. I attached an example below. I also setup a macro using ChatSetAttr, to change this max attribute after they lvl up.  !setattr --sel --experience||?{New exp Max?} That been said I believe there is a bug in the script or simple does not do this automatically. I don't think this script is been updated. I also cannot use the 5e sheet in the script because it gives me a weird message so I use the custom threshold. Anyway I hope this help you 
Thanks Warlord, that did indeed work setting that max value. Shame to see it doesn't auto-update that maximum value, but I've pinched your macro which makes that easier anyway.  Thanks very much :)