Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Improving the Draw Tool

So there's this thing that drives me up the wall in Roll20 regarding the draw tool; specifically that when you don't have the draw tool selected and you switch layers it'll reset the settings you had on your tool selection. It's especially aggressive if you switch to the token layer specifically, since that'll also reset your draw tool colour. This leads to allot of annoying situations where i'm drawing walls for a map as a GM using the line tool, then need to switch layers for a second to adjust something only to come back and now i've got the free-hand tool; meaning I need to go pixel hunting for the little mistakes that just made. It'd be nice if there was a setting which let you change a bit of how the draw tool behaves in the regard to when it'll reset tool / colour. Like, you can turn off those resets with a checkbox or drop down option over in the 'My Settings' tab or something the same way there's settings for scrolling. Heck on that note, it'd nice to be able to set the default tool it goes to; since I basically never use the freehand tool. Having the option to default to the Line tool would probably help my workflow immensely. I feel like you need to develop a muscle memory to set your tool every time you change layers then there's a small issue there. Y'know? Final idea would be something to atleast help with those pixel-hunts regarding the selection tool. If you could set it to select only drawings that'd potentially be swell. Since you can't really click-and-drag an area selection to find the rogue drawings if you've textures set down behind it that you would rather not delete. If that's not feasible then maybe add a key combination to roll20 which changes the colour of all drawn lines to bring magenta or something else easy to see? That'd for sure keep you from losing things.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .