Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New script version merged in repo but not appearing in game?

Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, I recently made a small modification to a script to make it work better with Dark Mode, but although the code is merged and available in the roll20-api-script repo it has not appeared in game. It has now been about 10 days, I asked in the PR about it not appearing but the PR has since been removed.  Anyone else experienced anything like this? For your reference, this update is making the roll result part a darker font to show better against the background in the Mutant Year Zero dice roller script. It is the new version 0.1.12 but only the previous one 0.1.11 shows in your game settings for API scripts.  Best Regards, Richard W
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Usually (but not always), there's a small glitch, like not updating the json properly. It all looks in order, though. I'll see if I can find out more.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's a thing that can happen sometimes during the API Update Roll20 does.  That part is still being reworked and automated, and there are a few manual steps, one of which can lead to this problem if not done correctly.  I've sent a note to the devs, hopefully it will get taken care of soon. Unrelated, be sure you ping me if you change one of my scripts (really, you should try to reach out to any script author if you're going to change their script in the official repo).  I have a particular release process that will overwrite any changes you've made if I'm not aware of them and consume them in my backend system. Best to reach out to me on Roll20 as I get a ton of messages elsewhere and github generally falls below my threshold of notice. =D
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Keith, thanks for the quick feedback and update! The Aaron, apologies for not reaching out as I figured it was such a small change. But if you have your own release structure in place I understand how another release can interfer. Again apologies and much appreciation of your work here.

Edited 1649877841
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No biggy, I just don't want your changes to get lost. =D  I do all my script work in a private BitBucket repo, and have a node CLI script that manages versioning, updating, and deploying to my prod repo (my github) and release repo (roll20's github).  You can see how that would stomp all over your changes, I imagine. =D All indications are that a deploy will happen later today that will get this deployed into the 1-click.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That does sound a bit more intricate that me committing to my own repo before (manually) moving that to the cloned r20 repo.  The new version is there now, it basically just makes sure the font in the results isn't overwritten by the dark mode font color (which is pale and thus illegible with the light background). 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, I have a lot of scripts I'm managing... I've pulled your updates into my repo, so it's all good. =D
Do you fancy adding one more to your list ? :-D I've been looking for some help regarding a DnD 3.5E token action maker, see the other thread. I'm a professional software developer but have never done Javascript before so if you have any capacity, and it's not a massive ask .... ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That would mean Aaron would see my code and I would die of embarrassment. It's Spaghetti a la Frankenstein...