Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token vision not working until token is moved.

This is an odd bug that began occurring within the last three weeks. When I or a player drops a token with vision enabled onto the map the only thing that they see is what's illuminated by the Daylight Mode setting in the page settings. If Daylight Mode is off, they see nothing at all except for their token, even if there are active light sources on the map.  BUT , if I as GM  move the token (even if only only grid square then back to its original position), whatever vision settings that have been assigned to that token take effect and stay that way until I move the players to a different map page, when the tokens again have to be moved before their vision settings can take effect. I keep my active game session to less than 20 map pages and only load the character/npc sheets and handouts needed for that session. (I maintain a library game that holds the rest of my game resources), Most of my maps are within 50x50 squares and never more than 80 squares in any dimension, I try to limit the amount of light sources, and only assign vision to player tokens unless i have a need to keep track of a specific GM-controlled token's vision. My group consists of seven players plus me as GM. I am using Chrome on Windows 10 Pro. My players are all using either Windows 7, 10 or 11. Most use Chrome, Two use Firefox. I have chat and video disabled in the game (We use Discord for A/V).
Several of my players had this issue two weeks ago, when we played last.  It was our first game in over a year due to real life being a boss we couldn't vanquish.  Hoping it doesn't happen again.