Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder 2E Abomination Vaults

Given the Abomination Vaults adventure path is so popular it is under development to be released in D&D 5th Ed. format, I would beg the Roll20 staff to reconsider working on this set of modules for Roll20 and Pathfinder 2e.  Previous threads have indicated Roll20 has abandoned the Abomination vaults Secondly, I would suggest that the most popular types of modules (Pathfinder, D&D, etc) are those which give the greatest flexibility to players in choosing their character composition.  Those modules that limit players choice of race and/or class and background (Extinction Curse and Troubles in Otari come to mind) are significantly less attractive in my opinion.  I'd love to see some statistics from Paizo for sales numbers on the various adventure paths for Pathfinder 2e. The fact that Age of Ashes was never produced for Roll20 perhaps got Pathfinder 2e popularity on Roll20 off to a rocky start.  That was followed up by rolling out Extinction Curse which apparently wasn't a smash hit.  Perhaps Agents of Edgewatch was also lack-luster which led to skipping Abomination Vaults and Fists of the Ruby Phoenix?  Strength of Thousands and now Quest for the Frozen Flame have shown up in a more timely manner.  The Quest for the Frozen Flame synopsis leads me to believe it is another of the somewhat limited player composition scenarios as it suggests players must be members of the Broken Tusk clan (barbarians one and all?). From a marketing standpoint, having the entire line of modules for Pathfinder 2e available for purchase on Roll20 would seem to be a good idea.

Edited 1650059956
JJL
Pro
Hey I've been playing agents of edgewatch, it's been great so far :p (unless ye mean sales which I wouldn't know about) (anyway, player's guide for quest for frozen flame explains it pretty well but yeah any classes work there)
Hey Terry Thanks for joining the fight for Paizo products on Roll20 Pretty sure if its 5th Ed related it WILL  be picked up by Roll20, thats great those who have that as their preferred system. I ran this AP up through most of module 2 for PF II before the group broke up and though it is interesting in parts, its not actually as good as it is "Buzz worded" to be actually in my humble opinion. For 5th Ed players betting it will be a god send on what they are missing, but we will see. Not  getting Age of Ashes out on day 1 (or any of the 2+ years later even) huge a HUGE blunder by the Roll20 team and has vastly impacted the life of Pf II here on Roll20. Yes I get the hype and expectation of massive numbers of players coming onto R20 to play never showed up.  Part of that blame (and they actually admitted a lesson learned from this) can be directly laid at Paizo's door sadly as their Playtest module Doomsday Dawn fell way short of the expected Paizo touch they have. So after they fixed the stuff they needed to and it was officially out the interest was not quite there, from what was heard about the playtest. Age of Ashes is still the best AP out for PF II, and I've played it all the way through as a player, AND GMed it multiple times as well, it has its first AP teething issues but nothing game breaking.  And running this again for another group to :) But Roll20 chose not to and here we are 2 + years later, been through official post promises all AP's we will try to be current by street date, that fell through less than a year later. Now it is picking stuff and skipping others with NO HEADS UP TO US, Not as bad as poor Starfinder but don't even get me started on that!!! Extinction Curse was just ok but kind of intentional or not bait and switched us, ran it with a number of different groups but just never stuck, to any of us. Agents of Edgewatch had a bit of a brew haha, , but overall for a totally urban adventure quite fun and interesting for those who like those type of adventures  Running it now myself. Also running STR of 1000's and it most def has a different but also fun flavor, but might not be for everyone. Also running  Quest for the Frozen Flame  and you can be any class and ancestries so not to worry there, one can be in a clan or be picked up and choose what subtype of it. Looking forward to Blood Lords myself mid July!! Tom
OMG!  Roll20 actually did it!  The sad irony is that I had already created the first two modules in Roll20 and am currently running the 1st module.  Purchased the Roll20 AV version anyway.  $50 is worth it to avoid the time I would have had to spend entering the last module.  Craziness!