Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is the April 20 "Renovation" Automatic? What do I need to do?

Dear Roll20, Thank you for the "Renovations" announced April 20. I'm already running a Waterdeep Dragon Heist campaign. Do I need to do something to get these renovations into my game?  APRIL 20 ANNOUNCEMENT We gave these dungeons a RENOVATION! 💅 Some of your favorite D&D 5E adventures have received some fresh love!   Nine adventures in total have had compendiums and art packs created   to give their packages all the value we have come to expect from a Roll20 conversion. Tales from the Yawning Portal Storm King's Thunder Curse of Strahd Tomb of Annihilation Princes of the Apocalypse Hoard of the Dragon Queen Rise of Tiamat Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dungeon of the Mad Mage Each of these packages now include a   compendium containing the Monsters, Items, Races, Subraces, Backgrounds, and Spells made available for your drag-and-drop and Charactermancer experiences.   In addition,   tokens have been added across these packages in the form of Token Packs.   These all use art from the adventure itself to give players and the DM a   giant pool of thematically appropriate tokens to choose from when creating PCs and NPCs.  

Edited 1650649157
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nope. They are there already. The compendium additions are available in your compendium, so if the book came with a background, spells, monsters or such that were not previously compendium-available, they should be now. Also, you should have token and art handout packs in the Marketplace Items section of your art library, that were not there before. You probably won't notice any difference in module content or book text, because that was already there.
Ah. I see. They're here. Thank you. I would have totally missed it.  It would have been nice if Roll20 had included this info in the email.  I would not be surprised if a lot of people never find this stuff. Here's a screenshot for anyone with the same question.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Token Packs are always located in the Marketplace Items section of your Art Library. This is true whether you buy them as standalone sets or they come with a module or book. In addition,   tokens have been added across these packages in the form of Token Packs.   These all use art from the adventure itself to give players and the DM a   giant pool of thematically appropriate tokens to choose from when creating PCs and NPCs.   Also, you got an email about this? I didn't get one. :(
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ooh, also, scroll down from your screen shot. That second folder has all the new tokens and handouts. My assumption is that Roll20 did not remove that first folder, in case anyone was using those particular tokens. You paid for them when you originally bought the module. There are a LOT more tokens, plus handouts in the second folder. New tokens are almost all done in the newer "popout" style that gives them a more dynamic look and allows the character art to be a bit larger.