Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Combat Master - Remove from turn tracker in Combat Master itself

I have a challenge I'm hoping to get some help on.  I just started using Combat Master and I'm really loving it especially allowing my players to advance their own turn, what a game changer.  I only have one issue and that is how to remove tokens from Combat Master as they die.  I have tried moving them to the map layer, which removes them from the Roll20 turn tracker, but it doesn't remove them from combat master's advance turn function.  So as the fight goes on, I must advance through dead tokens to get to the next live one.  It isn't a massive issue but in some fights with lots of minions it can be a pain. Is there a command I can use to manually remove them, maybe with tokenmod?  Do I have something setup incorrectly?  I have not changed any settings from default.  I don't know where the order is being stored so I am not sure how to hack it. Any help or workaround would be appreciated.  Thanks!
If you hover your cursor over the icon in the turn tracker, it will change to a symbol of a trash can.  Click on the trash can and that token will be removed from the tracker.
I agree.  And that does work.  The issue is that when the token is moved to the map layer it is still in the queue of Next turn, even though it does not show in the initiative tracker list.  This is what I'm looking to manage.  Things on the map layer should not be subject to next turn logic. Also things on the map layer don't show on the initiative tracker so I cannot remove them without moving them back to the object layer and then clicking on the trash button then moving them back to map.  That is a lot of extra clicks I'm trying to avoid.
I have been trying to replicate this.  If the token is still in the initiative order when you move it to the map layer, it will disappear from initiative order. For me, it did not reappear into the initiative order as the turns progressed.  When moved back to the object layer, it returns to the order as you have stated. If you first remove the token from the initiative order, then move it to the map layer, When moved back to the object layer it will not pop back up in the initiative order.  So, there is an order of operations if you want that token to be removed from the initiative order.  Since you are moving the tokens to the map layer because they are dead, just remove them from the initiative order first, then move the token.
I appreciate the help.  This is fair.  I have things going on in the background I have not mentioned.  I'm using a script that auto moves a token to the map layer when it hits zero hp.  So when a token dies it is auto moved.  This is why it is a bunch of extra steps for me to move it back etc. I am using the next turn command in Combat master to move to the next turn.  !cmaster --turn,next When you did your test and you moved the token to the map layer, without removing it from the initiative tracker, when you use next turn does it go to that token and center on it even though it is not on the token layer?  That is my issue. I was hoping there was a way to remove someone from the turn tracker via command, then I could add it to my "on death" script.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Adam! The best place to get an answer on this is on the Combat Master official thread . If you navigate to an earlier page in the thread, it may look like the topic is closed. Just go to the last page, and you should be able to post your question. You might even be able to get an answer from the creator, Victor
I did not realize that was how it worked. Thanks everyone. I will post it there.