Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Resource for Markdown Handouts and Bios API Script - Alien RPG

Edited 1651589563
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Using Stephen's fabulous Markdown Handouts and Bios API Script  I've created a markdown for handouts to use with Alien RPG on Roll20 (also thanks to Keith Curtis for his D&D 5e code in that same thread, which did a lot of the heavy lifting). This is intended to be evocative of the book, but doesn't re-create all of the layout elements exactly. Visit my github link for full instructions and needed files. Example of Markdown Options To see the detail of the image, I recommend clicking the image to open it, then right click -> open in new tab -> click on the image in the new tab to make it full size. A Roll20 Handout using the CSS/markdown with dark mode enabled. Roll20 handout using the CSS/markdown without dark mode turned on.

Edited 1651590806
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's a work of beauty! Very evocative and immersive. I also like the lengthy style preview. Did you consider an old CRT green instead of the mint color? I like the look of the mint, but the CRT green might be evocative of the first movie. (I'm thinking of Ripley talking to Mother).

Edited 1651592271
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: That's a work of beauty! Very evocative and immersive. I also like the lengthy style preview. Did you consider an old CRT green instead of the mint color? I like the look of the mint, but the CRT green might be evocative of the first movie. (I'm thinking of Ripley talking to Mother). I did consider green, but the mint/blue is a major color feature in the book (it is a sampled color from the Ship's Log text in the book, and also used in the flourishes around the text boxes below, which I used to design the custom horizontal rule). I was trying to use the book elements as major inspiration to keep within the same design theme, and also keep readability on a screen. Page from the book for reference:
Absolutely lovely.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Loren the GM said: I did consider green, but the mint/blue is a major color feature in the book (it is a sampled color from the Ship's Log text in the book, and also used in the flourishes around the text boxes below, which I used to design the custom horizontal rule). I was trying to use the book elements as major inspiration to keep within the same design theme, and also keep readability on a screen. I figured that was likely. Really cool, though. It's a shame that thread closed. It would be nice to have a central repository of themes. Hmm. There's probably a wiki page for the script...
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: I figured that was likely. Really cool, though. It's a shame that thread closed. It would be nice to have a central repository of themes. Hmm. There's probably a wiki page for the script... Yeah, I would have loved to be able to reply to that thread directly, and would definitely love to see themes others have worked up. A repository somewhere would be great!