Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

custom sheets

Is there anyone who can give me a quick tutorial on how to edit a character sheet for a specific game? i just want to change some skill names around and stat names and i got no clue how to go about it.

Edited 1651642392
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Kefrem, what sheet do you want to make adjustments to?  Unless it's an official sheet by roll20, you can find a copy of the code for a given sheet on roll20's character sheet repository on github .   You'll probably only need to edit the text found in the html file, but you'll need the html, css, and translation(if included) when running a custom sheet.  Make your edits using a text editor like notepad++.  Copy/paste to your custom game using the game settings page.  There are three separate tabs (html, css, translation) where you can paste/edit the code.  Save and load your game in another tab to test your changes.
im just after a standard 5e sheet.
god i went in and looked at that..i wouldnt even know where to begin to add new skills.

Edited 1651688792
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Most sheets aren't designed to be easy to edit in this way. (And this isn't just to be difficult - it's very hard to make a sheet user-configurable.) You'll need some webdesign skills (HTML and CSS mainly), and be willing to import the sheet as a Custom Sheet. that means if the sheet is being actively updated, you won't gett hose updates. Finally, if you want any of the By Roll20 sheets, any code on the Github might be out of date (or simply not available).
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Kefrem said: god i went in and looked at that..i wouldnt even know where to begin to add new skills. 2/3 or more of that sheet is javascript to make the charactermancer and compendium drag/drop work.  If you alter anything, you have to be very careful to not mess up something there which is likely to cause all of that to stop working (if you still want it to work anyway).  You also need to keep in mind that the version on github is a lot of updates behind, since they took their in house sheets to a private repository a couple years ago. The 5E sheet is likely to be one of the hardest to alter if you want all the automation to still work afterwards.
i actually found a workaround for the one thing i was doing...you can add new skills on the sheet i forgot. What i wanted to do was create a custom sheet for the 5e gundam rpg...doubt ill make it happen though. :(