Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros cause chat to loose nearly all text

Whenever I try to use any macro, be it in the OGL 5e character sheet, or simple ones I've made in the collections, the chat goes crazy and I loose anything in a template: Last thing I did was add the Roll20 Pro Map Pack and the Massacre at Camp Clearwater packs to the game. 
It sounds like your chat log may have been corrupted. Have you tried deleting the chat archive?  (I suggest saving a copy of your chat archive first by loading the external chat journal and right-clicking and saving the entire page).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Linkies: A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Solved! Thank you! Luckily we haven’t had session one yet, so there wasn’t important anything to lose. 
Great! Just as a suggestion, after each session I save the external chat log and then delete it before the next session, which gives me a fresh log to prevent any corruption issues, and also makes it a little easier to go back and find things from specific dates at a later time. 
Thank you! That will work especially well for my Text Only Star Wars games, too!  Jarren said: Great! Just as a suggestion, after each session I save the external chat log and then delete it before the next session, which gives me a fresh log to prevent any corruption issues, and also makes it a little easier to go back and find things from specific dates at a later time.