Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Health Status api not working?

I'm trying to use the Health Status api (the one that returns a 'message' about the selected tokens health, but it doesn't appear to be working :( When I run the script within a macro (as recommended) a prompt appears on the table to select a target, but then (after selecting a target) nothing happens :( Any suggestions?
And since trying to use this script NONE  of my scripts will work, because (apparently) all of my scripts have been disabled. I received this  in my API Output Co nsole:- Errm! HELP!  I have a game tomorrow morning :O
Weird, the pasted report appeared when I was typing the message, but no when I sent it??
Ah! That's better :)
Phew! So I have got my other scripts working by deleting the one causing the error and restarting the API sandbox! But I have no idea how to fix the problem API (Health Status).

Edited 1653139094
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's a slightly modified version. It should be a little less crash-happy, and do a better job of grabbing the token ID. Make sure you use it with token_id, and not character_id - the script doesn't handle character sheets. So your macro should just be !hp @{target|token_id}. The script didn't do a whole lot with the input - an extra space after !hp would have been enough to cause a sandbox crash. const HEALTH_DESC = [ 'Unconcious', 'Near Death', 'Badly Injured', 'Injured', 'Barely Injured', 'Uninjured', 'Dead' ]; var health_status = (function(){ return { config: { 'health_attrib': 'bar1_value', 'health_max_attrib': 'bar1_max' }, /** * find and return the token object for a given token ID. */ getTokenTarget: function(token_id) { // this should only return one object, buttttttttttttt... var tokens = findObjs({type: 'graphic', subtype: 'token', id: token_id}, true); if(tokens.length === 0) return null; // invalid ID/target doesn't exist/clicked on the map. return tokens[0]; // return the first token found (it's probably the one we want) }, /** * checks if the submitted token has number/non-empty values for supplied attributes. */ checkTokenHealth: function(token) { var current = token.get(this.config.health_attrib); var max = token.get(this.config.health_max_attrib); if (current === '' || max === '' || isNaN(current) || isNaN(max)) { return null; } return current / max; }, respond: function(content) { // build the output message to send: var output = '/direct \ <div style="background-color: #ffffee; border-style: solid; border-right-style: none; border-width: 1px; border-left-width: 12px; border-radius: 5px 0px 0px 5px; border-color: #b3b300; border-left-color: #aa80ff; padding: 10px;">' + content + '</div>'; sendChat('Health Info', output, null, {noarchive: true}); } }; })(); on('chat:message', function(msg) { if (msg.type == 'api') { if (msg.content.indexOf('!hp ') !== -1) { // trim command off: // var target = msg.content.replace('!hp ', ''); const target = (msg.content.match(/-[A-Za-z0-9_-]{19}/)||[])[0]; const tokenObj = target ? health_status.getTokenTarget(target) : null; if (tokenObj == null) { health_status.respond('No target found<br /><br />ID: </b>'+target+'</b>'); return; } var health_val = health_status.checkTokenHealth(tokenObj); if (health_val === null) health_status.respond('Who the what now? Your token doesn\'t have the right stats.'); // check if the token is marked as dead or not and get proper value var health_str; if (tokenObj.get('status_dead')) { health_str = HEALTH_DESC[6]; } else { health_str = HEALTH_DESC[(Math.max(Math.min(Math.ceil(health_val * 5), 5), 0))]; } health_status.respond('<b>'+tokenObj.get('name')+'</b> is <b>'+health_str+'</b>'); //ping the token in question so people know which one is being referred to. var pageid = Campaign().get('playerspecificpages'); if (pageid === false) { pageid = Campaign().get('playerpageid'); } else { pageid = pageid[msg.playerid]; } sendPing(tokenObj.get('left'), tokenObj.get('top'), pageid, null, false); } } });
That is brilliant Oosh, thankyou. Just one thing, I have tried it out and it seems to work fine, I was just wondering what would cause the API to return a 'Dead' result? As I have tried several negative values (even greater that -2xhp) and it still only returns 'Unconscious'!
Ah! S'okay, got it. The token has to have the big red X status on it :). Guess I'll have to start using those now :D Again, Thanks Oosh, for you help :)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Use Aura/Health API and get away from these more obtuse APIs.  You'll be happier in the long run