Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM LFP for a mercenary's game.

Set in the merc:2000(Yes one of the few contemporary games on the sight.)this game plans to be a combination of mercenary activity's and managing the small merc group all the players belong to.We can set this in the cyberpunk 2020 universe of just almost anything in general if mercenary's fit it(i refuse to do fantasy games.Dont ask me about doing one.) There will be a very good variety of single mission and contracts the players can do. Most of the game is free form and the story comes in contract missions or unavoidable missions.Think of more jagged alliance type of stuff relating to merc's. I can do almost any time but there are some times i cant really do.I Will be using a system called interlock and since i got almost all of my shit converted i be hard pressed to switch to another system unless we do cyberpunk since i may be able to pull that off with another system. The default modern setting will take place in the merc 200 universe.Feel free to pm me about any interest in the game.
I would love to join,If you don't mind having a player that's new
Can you tell me a bit more about Interlock?
Ok. The interlock system is the generic version of the one used in cyberpunk 2020 so it can fit into any setting.The System used d10's and d6's mostly.Its simple to roll a skill its d10+the attribute+skill. Combat is not as lethal as adnd but its up there i gurps in the fact you can die from being shot or even fall out of a fight from failing a save after you get shot and getting knocked out of combat.The system brings more tactical options then in gurps. There is more of a bonus for ambushing, There is facing rules and rules for All sorts of stuff pertaining to the rules(except magic and psionic rules but i know both of those exist for interlock. It is a simple system but very open ended. The guy who put it together has his prioritys stright as it is not an offical thing from the guys who made 2020.
So would we all be in 1 group and fight other mercs or would we each control a merc group and fight to be the biggest one?
Seems interesting.I was a big fan of JA2, even run some inspired games. Sign me up. I'm CEST with rather open schedule.
You would all be in one group and fight enemys.Not offten will you face other merc's,
So a bit of an update. I can do anytime at the moment. If there is anymore interest or if you just want me to run something thats not fantasy or scifi post here or private message me.
I am not familiar with the system. Have you by chance ever ran or played Starship Troopers or D20 Modern? They may give a similar feel, fit the bill of a modern / fit of future, and be more common for finding a player base. Granted those systems have material that does include fantasy and sci-fi but it could likely be ran with restricted content not sure if Starship Troopers would be much sci-fi if you are going for none at all.
I did not like d20 modern. I felt that it did not separate its self from 3.5 and felt meh to me. I did find a d20 modern variant thats more deadly that normal. I also never seen starship troopers so i cant gm it.