Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Request for hands on help with custom sheet, Will Compensate

Pete F.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I'm looking for some hands on help updating my roll20 sheet for the Spell Scorched system. I know very little coding, and got help to get as far as it is. 1. I know the sheet request thread exists, but seems a bit too much like a wishing well. I'd like quicker results, so I'm hoping I can get someone to work with me. I would be happy to compensate someone for their time (Veno/roll20 gift subs whatever necessary or appropriate). 2. I know I could try to get help to do it myself, but I'd rather solo an ancient black dragon than do any more coding. Seriously, I hate this. Please just take my money and do it for me. :D 3. My existing sheet is functional, but there are a number of minor quality of life upgrades I'd like to have with it, I've listed those below.  Please message me if you are willing and interested.  My primary issues are in my complete incompetence with being able to properly layout (spacing etc.) Here is a wish list of things which I'd like to see on the sheet: -Fix the armor bug. As is, the sheet won't save various armors of the same value. It just defaults to the basic one of that value. I understand this is because I coded it with a single armor per value initially and need to separate the list from the values.  -Add a section for resistances/vulnerabilities. Just need to fit a new box in there.  -Add a section for Fading tracking.  Just need to fit another new box in there. -Allow drop down menu of skills on attack rolls to prevent having to update attack buttons every level. (There are still a few things with flat bonus so you'd need a empty box to add to such as "skill + [blank]") Just needs a drop down reference section.  -Add a checkbox or some other method of fixing the feature that replaces the default disadvantage with a -1. This will have to be integrated into the button that has the built in disadvantage.  -Add some manner of selector, likely drop down, for which (if any) attribute should be added to an attack roll. A very simple fix.  -Enable roll buttons on Abilities so that it automatically spends the necessary resources associated. The attack buttons already do that, so it should mostly require copypasta.    -Add carry capacity calculator. The existing sheet shows weight and adds it up, but doesn't automatically tell you what your character can carry. Should be a very simple fix. -Potentially move the survive button to a more applicable location. Just another spacing issue.  - Lastly, I'd like to update the visual format of the sheet if possible.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This looks more attainable than a complete sheet. can you post your complete code to pastebin.com so we can estimate how much work would be needed for these tasks. Be aware: If you need a lot of layout changes - that's the most time consuming and costly part.
Pete F.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I would love to set up a share via pastebin if it didn't prevent me. Smart filters saying the code was offensive??? (I assure you it is entirely benign, G rated code.) I set up a download link from my onedrive for the html and for the css .  As for layout, the only real issue is the top elements are set at percentage of page width, while the lower ones have set lengths, making the sheet scale strangely at different widths. I'd imagine that'd be a simple fix of setting the lower elements to percentage. 

Edited 1653624555
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think you might have made some last minute edits that screwed with the layout. Lets take this to PM.