Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Remove "New Page" button

Edited 1653774945
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
<a href="https://i.imgur.com/P81mAYD.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/P81mAYD.png</a> I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally created a new page only to delete said new page because I've accidentally pressed this little green turd. I don't know why this new thing was added, but all it's introduced is a new layer of frustration to creating/switching maps, where every time I want to enter the options page (which requires me to mouse over to the right of the page). There's a sweet-spot (pictured below) where these two even overlap, causing one (the options menu) or the other (the create new page option) to display and it'll cycle between the two because the mouse pointer is overlapping these two options. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/QGH2KQg.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/QGH2KQg.png</a> &nbsp; Oh right. Deleting pages? That's that same menu you need to hover over. Which means, often you'll want to hover over and delete a page you don't want, but oops! You've just created another page. Another page you'll need to delete, and hope you don't accidentally create another. Seriously. Get rid of the small green bar. For the sake of the sanity of all GMs out there... (Also, attempting to attach images to this resulted in repeated errors, had to host the images on imgur instead...)

Edited 1655017843
Truth.&nbsp; I have created and deleted so many untitled pages. The problem is that the right 1/4th or so of the copy/delete/settings flyout is a lie.&nbsp; If you go to click on the right side of the settings button, the button will disappear, and you'll have actually clicked on the new page button instead. I feel like I shouldn't have to say this... - but please don't present us with buttons that disappear when we try to click on them.
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
A lot of the issue comes (I think) from the overlapping CSS elements or something along those lines. Either way, it's such a small space that even if they didn't overlap, it'd be endlessly annoying. I can see what the idea was, but this shouldn't have ever gone past the testing stage, because I don't see how testers wouldn't have run into this issue and been frustrated. That is, if Roll20 tests their releases/changes.
Gold
Forum Champion
Had the same experience myself. That green + button has made the Page menu more difficult, and not better. The Roll20 announcements/blogs has said that an update to Pages menu is in-the-works, let's hope it fixes this GUI oddity, while adding other features (hopefully being able to put map Pages into Folders).
In my experience, as well, the convenience of being able to create a new page between existing pages is outweighed by the inconvenience of deleting all of the unwanted blank pages I make when I am trying to adjust an existing page's settings. I am looking forward to the new Pages UI, and I hope it's a bit more friendly to those of us who have trouble with precision pixel-finding.
+1. Incredibly frustrating.&nbsp; I created 3 in a row trying to get the first deleted once.&nbsp; And I still always use the button up top to make new pages.
+1
Even an 'Are you sure' pop up would be an improvement, and I don't think I've ever said that about that type of pop up before.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .