Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quarry Selection Multi-line output.

is there a way to make a Quarry select roll to output multi line output? I kind of have it but i would like to refine it some. Below is what i have to make it put out multi line. &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard,Shrapnel Bomb DEX save: [[@{spell_save_dc}]] AOE: 3x3 Square Damage: [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save. | Improved,Improved Shrapnel Bomb DEX save: [[@{spell_save_dc}]] AOE: 5x5 Square Damage: [[5d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing All creatures in 5x5 square must make a DEX Save of take 5d4+WIS Slashing Damage and are knocked prove. Targets take half damage on a successful save. | Expert,Expert Shrapnel Bomb DEX save: [[@{spell_save_dc}]] AOE: 7x7 Square Damage: [[7d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing All creatures in 5x5 square must make a DEX Save of take 5d4+WIS Slashing Damage and are knocked prove. Targets take half damage on a successful save.  Targets that fain the DEX save are knocked Prone. }}} and i would like the output to look like the code below. &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}} {{Saving Throw = DEX Save [[@{spell_save_dc}]]}} {{AOE = 3x3 Square}} {{Damage = [[5d4+@wisdome_mod]]Slashing}} {{Effect = All creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage.  Targets take half damage on a successful save}} is there a way to do this? Also is there a way to have each use multiple ammo type?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Maybe the %NEWLINE% trick described here might help?
Well that did not work unless I did it wrong. &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard,Shrapnel Bomb %NEWLINE%DEX Save[[@{spell_save_dc}]] %NEWLINE%AOE = 3x3 Square %NEWLINE%Damage = [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing %NEWLINE%all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save. | Improved,Improved Shrapnel Bomb %NEWLINE%DEX save: [[@{spell_save_dc}]] %NEWLINE%AOE: 5x5 Square %NEWLINE%Damage: [[5d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing %NEWLINE%All creatures in 5x5 square must make a DEX Save of take 5d4+WIS Slashing Damage and are knocked prove. Targets take half damage on a successful save.  Targets that fain the DEX save are knocked Prone. | Expert,Expert Shrapnel Bomb %NEWLINE%DEX save: [[@{spell_save_dc}]] %NEWLINE%AOE: 7x7 Square %NEWLINE%Damage: [[7d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing %NEWLINE%All creatures in 5x5 square must make a DEX Save of take 5d4+WIS Slashing Damage and are knocked prove. Targets take half damage on a successful save.  Targets that fain the DEX save are knocked Prone. }}}
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I think the intent is to have the query remain a single line, but the output to have line breaks. I've never used it though, so YMMV.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like you want to nest a template within a query. Here's what the code you are trying to make work would look like: &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard,{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}} {{DEX save=[[@{spell_save_dc}]]}} {{AOE= 3x3 Square}} {{Damage= [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing}} {{effect=all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save.| Improved, improved| Expert, expert} }} This code has the Standard entered, you'll need to add Improved and Expert using the same syntax. Basically you are creating roll template syntax in an a query, like this: &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard,{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}} {{DEX save=[[@{spell_save_dc}]]}} {{AOE= 3x3 Square}} {{Damage= [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing}} {{effect=all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save.| Improved, improved| Expert, expert} }} But there's a problem: any } characters cause a query to break - it sees them as the end of the query, and ends the query early. (similar brackets in an attribute call, like @{wisdom_mod} do not cause it to break in the same way.) So you have to replace them with codes that substitute for them - that's what } is doing. Give that a try for Standard, then you can try and enter improved and expert.
so i tried that and the selection works ok, but everything after the coma in the macro does not work. below is what it gives me. i tried it twice.

Edited 1654008656
al so here is what i have in the macr box. (see below) &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard, {{name=Shrapnel Bomb}} {{DEX save=[[@{spell_save_dc}]]}} {{AOE= 3x3 Square}} {{Damage= [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing}} {{effect=all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save.| Improved, improved| Expert, expert} }}

Edited 1654008864
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If there's a comma, I missed that - you'll need to replace any commas as well. Replace any commas with , Not the commas needed for the query though.
what i replaced the coma with , the selection broke. below is the code and the quarry option. &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard, {{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}  {{DEX save=[[@{spell_save_dc}]]}} {{AOE= 3x3 Square}} {{Damage= [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing}} {{effect=all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save.| Improved, improved| Expert, expert} }}
sorry it is there i just forgot to select when i copied it. &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard, {{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}  {{DEX save=[[@{spell_save_dc}]]}} {{AOE= 3x3 Square}} {{Damage= [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing}} {{effect=all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save.| Improved, improved| Expert, expert} }}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You replaced a comma that is needed by the query. The rrror was somewhere else. I'd included an extra {{ that wasn't needed. The correct code should be &{template:default}{{name=Shrapnel Bomb}}{{?{Bomb Strength| Standard,name=Shrapnel Bomb}} {{DEX save=[[@{spell_save_dc}]]}} {{AOE= 3x3 Square}} {{Damage= [[3d4+@{wisdom_mod}]] Slashing}} {{effect=all creatures in 3x3 square must make a DEX Save of take 3d4+WIS Slashing Damage. Targets take half damage on a successful save.| Improved, improved| Expert, expert} }}
yep that worked that you, you are amazing.  one more question. is there a way to do ammo tracking with that, or is that something that cant be done?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks :) If you mean updating the character sheet's ammo amounts, that can only be done with a Pro subscription. Normal macros can only read values from the character sheet - they can't change values in any way.

Edited 1654014004
i am getting the pro sub at the end of the week when i get payed. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's an Ammo script specifically designed for adjusting ammo scores, and the ChatSetAttr script can make any desired stat modifications.
ok thank you.