Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] set attribute to text on map

Edited 1656026646
My buddies running a game using hero points and he has all our points on an intro page(map). I was wondering if it were possible to link a bit of text on the page to our sheets to have our points auto-update between the two so he doesn't have to switch pages every time he updates it. Here's what I'm trying to 1. DM ADD POINTS -Press Macro -Choose character from list -Change certain amount of points -Have those points update on character sheet and text on welcome page 2.  PLAYER USE POINTS -Press Macro -Enter amount to use -Have points update on sheet and text on welcome page I do know about ChatSetAttr and am trying to use it for this. Anyone help with this would be amazing! UPDATE: I have a DM version and a player version that will change the sheets, but I still haven't figured out how to change the text object on a page. I also can't figure out a way for the  playername  at the end of the DM script to auto-populate the chosen character in the drop down query and I can't get the Player script to choose self for  charid. DM Script: /em &{template:default} {{name=Advernture Points}} !modattr --silent --charid ?{Player| PlayerName , charid | PlayerName , charid } --hero_points|{{Hero Points= [[?{Amount to give|0}]]}}!!! {{Player= playername }} Player Script: /em &{template:default} {{name=Advernture Points}} !modattr --silent --charid ?{Player| PlayerName , charid | PlayerName , charid } --hero_points|{{Hero Points= [[-?{Amount to use|0}]]}}!!! {{What for:=?{What for|Healing|Spell Slot|d20 Roll|Leveling}}}
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm, you could just use a simple script to have the points be displayed in the bio or gmnotes of the character. Alrernatively you could set up new attributes that then automatically update when you change it and have those be displayed in the bio or maybe in one of the token bars.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to display them on the map, the easiest way would be to create a copy of the tokens, possibly custom tokens assigned to the individual characters, and have one of the token bars shows the stat,
I already have a way to change it on the character sheets, since hero points are actually a toggle. I was thinking about doing tokens, the problem is that the token bar is just too small.