Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animated Images

Why are we in 2022 and we can't upload a simple webm to be used as a battlemap?  This seems like an incredible technical flaw that needs to be addressed as soon as possible if you want to stay remotely up to par with the rest of VTTs. I don't know why I should continue to pay for the highest possible subscription service for this site, when there is hardly any improvement in the base functions of the platform.  Uploading a simple 7mb .webm should not take more than 2 minutes. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The general understanding is that webm files as-is are not optimized for the VTT. In particular, all images are resized to four different resolutions for efficient display. My assumption is that this is not a simple process with this particular format. This would have been a great question for the recent one-on-one with Morgan Buck, CTO .    
The format is easily converted before uploading. If there is an alternative format that works better, I'd love to know.