Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Reset All NPCs to "Auto Roll Damage & Crit"

I am in the middle of running a purchased D&D 5e campaign where all of the NPC characters have the Auto Roll Damage field set to "Don't Auto Roll Damage".  I would like to change that value to "Auto Roll Damage & Crit" for all character sheets / tokens already in the game. I tried changing the default Auto Roll Damage setting in default settings for the campaign and though I might "Apply Default Settings" in the game to make this change, but it didn't seem like Auto Roll Damage is one of the options there. I have ChatSetAttr installed but from the help I didn't see any mention of that field, and I don't see an appropriate field listed under the Attributes tab of the character sheet [D&D 5e by Roll20] Is what I'm hoping to accomplish possible without going into every NPC character sheet and changing it?
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
You can change it when you create a game I believe. I don't think it is possible to do it through ChatSetAttr. At least I haven't found a way. You can also just change it in your game settings
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Scott! Try it again, but wait a few minutes and reload the campaign before trying the "Apply Default Settings" button. I just ran a few tests (I'm on terrible travelling wi-fi right now), and it did not recognize the option for change in settings until the third try.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As an additional note: Changes to character sheet options will affect all characters, whether in journal or deployed onto the VTT, as well as future drags. Changes to token settings (including token bar assignments in the character sheet area) will only universally affect newly created characters and npcs. Depending on their nature, they may or may not affect existing token/creatures, and will never change a saved default token.
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for your help.  With some patience, I was able to get all of the tokens in the game switched over.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Excellent!