Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Deadlands "Super Bundle" All NPC/Monster sheets are BLANK

All the NPC sheets, Monster sheets in the compendium all appear to have no information in them.  Is this just a mistake or a known issue?  Here is an example.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That does look incorrect. Not terribly familiar with the sheet, but it's certainly worth a  Help Center Request . I'll make a report as well.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
RedBearGames said: All the NPC sheets, Monster sheets in the compendium all appear to have no information in them.  Is this just a mistake or a known issue?  When you say “All,” which ones are you having problems with? I ask, because I have issues with the one in the screen shot (and am raising an issue), but this was the only one I could find when grabbing a few random ones that had an issue.

Edited 1656931461
I haven't been though them all one by one but I checked about 10 and all of them were blank..  I did bye the "Blood Drive" adventure which seems to have all of it's NPC's/Monster stat'ed properly. It seems to just be an issue with the Compendium as a whole from the "Super Bundle", I don't know if the individual supplements would also have this issue.
Here are some other examples.                             
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Next question, what browser are you using? I’m not having any issues with those additional examples…
I'm using Chrome
I'm also getting the same blank sheets in Firefox 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Can you give me some details on your process for how your pulling these out from the compendium? For example, are you dragging and dropping them on the VTT and waiting for the sheet to load before you close the character sheet? Can you create a video of the problem? Just trying to see what’s going on, because I’m not having problems at all and I’m using Chrome on my iPad at the moment, so trying to narrow down what the problem might be.
I go to Compendium I choose "bestiary" I drag and drop from the list. I shift click the token to bring up the character sheet. When I open it it's blank. This is also the same when I open the character sheet from entries in the journal.
Could there have been a problem when I bought the module?
I also started a new game uploading the "Horse eater" module and the compendium is still bring up blank sheets
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Redbear, can you do the following: A console log of the drop Open your game Delete the Al Swearengen character from your game Refresh the game Drop al swearengen from the compendium again Provide the console log that results from dropping Al Swearengen. See the help center for info on console logs . Preferably, this would be done via a bit bucket or GitHub gist link rather than directly in this forum thread. Check compendium settings Open your game's settings page Screen cap the compendium selection section of the settings page (specifically the colored blocks of each enabled compendium. E.g:
Scott C. said: Redbear, can you do the following: A console log of the drop Open your game Delete the Al Swearengen character from your game Refresh the game Drop al swearengen from the compendium again Provide the console log that results from dropping Al Swearengen. See the help center for info on console logs . Preferably, this would be done via a bit bucket or GitHub gist link rather than directly in this forum thread. Check compendium settings Open your game's settings page Screen cap the compendium selection section of the settings page (specifically the colored blocks of each enabled compendium. E.g: I wouldn't have a clue on how to perform 5. I'm not technically proficient at all, sorry. 

Edited 1656947048
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, I see at least part of the problem. Deadlands requires the base swade rules to function. Enable savage worlds adventure edition (the bottom right of your expansion list). The drag and drop will not work without that. Ah, and. See it wasn't part of the bundle you purchased. Odd.
Yeah the core SW rules aren't part of it, but that would make sense as to the reason it doesn't work.

Edited 1656947932
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll see about updating the sheet so drag and drop works without SWADE core. Can't guarantee it, but it's something we can investigate.
Only the "Horse Eater" and "Blood Drive" adventure bestiaries work, the standard entries from the Deadlands core books are blank
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
RedBearGames said: Only the "Horse Eater" and "Blood Drive" adventure bestiaries work, the standard entries from the Deadlands core books are blank Is this still happening after enabling the Save Worlds Core compendium? I’m asking, because I want to make sure we aren’t spreading misinformation around the compendiums.  In my experience, these aren’t blank, there’s just the requirement that the SWADE Core compendium is enabled for them to pull correctly. It also sounds like Scott is looking into a way for these to work without the Core compendium being enabled.
Sadly i don't have the SWADE purchased but when I do if it sorts the Issue I will make a post about it.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Just pushed a fix for this so that the Drag and Drop will function without the base game. Note that this does not mean that the content for base SWADE items will be used when items are drag and dropped if the base SWADE compendium is not owned or enabled.
Ok thank you.