Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with a coin flip/macro/scriptcard/something :)

Edited 1658517425
Hey, So my player wants to be able to flip a coin, and I said yes. Ive watched a load of videos and I got something like it to work. I was hoping that when he hits his macro button it goes to my coin flip table and pulls heads or tails image along with whatever text is in there. I couldnt get it to work like that so I uploaded an image of both sides of the coin and we went with that. But now its bugging me that I cant get it they way we both want it. I'm too afraid to touch anything now that I have it working-ish. The table is just a list of text, I had uploaded different sides of the coin but when I noticed it wasn't working as intended I stopped uploading images to each piece of text. This is the macro !scriptcard&nbsp; {{ &nbsp;--#title|Valas tosses his coin into the air... --#titlecardbackground|#933333 --#leftsub|The GODS have spoken &nbsp;--+|[img] <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/289081951/fRb0kSI_9BkfakluX7JQNQ/original.png?16548117895[/img]" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/289081951/fRb0kSI_9BkfakluX7JQNQ/original.png?16548117895[/img]</a> &nbsp;--=ThisRoll|[T#CoinToss] &nbsp;--+[$ThisRoll.tableEntryText]| &nbsp; --&lt;| }} This is how it looks in chat&nbsp; This is the table&nbsp; Im rubbish at this stuff and this was my attempt after watching a load of videos. Any thought on how to make it better or get it working? :) Thank
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Try this (after adding the images to all your table items). The width=80 part can be altered or removed, I was just trying to save on chat footprint. !scriptcard&nbsp; {{ &nbsp; --#title|Valas tosses his coin into the air... &nbsp; --#titlecardbackground|#933333 &nbsp; --#leftsub|The GODS have spoken &nbsp; --=ThisRoll|[T#CoinToss] &nbsp; --+|[img width=80][$ThisRoll.tableEntryImgURL][/img] &nbsp; --+[$ThisRoll.tableEntryText]| }}
David M. said: Try this (after adding the images to all your table items). The width=80 part can be altered or removed, I was just trying to save on chat footprint. !scriptcard&nbsp; {{ &nbsp; --#title|Valas tosses his coin into the air... &nbsp; --#titlecardbackground|#933333 &nbsp; --#leftsub|The GODS have spoken &nbsp; --=ThisRoll|[T#CoinToss] &nbsp; --+|[img width=80][$ThisRoll.tableEntryImgURL][/img] &nbsp; --+[$ThisRoll.tableEntryText]| }} Thanks David, worked like a charm :)