Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Simplify the color picker on DL layer.

Edited 1658593512
I saw some previous threads regarding the color picker used on the DL layer, but they didn't get enough votes to stay open. I'm resurrecting the issue because I had to deal with this silly thing again while working on some maps in my game yesterday. Among other reasons, I use the DoorKnocker MOD, which uses colors for discerning between different types of doors and this new color picker makes things very tedious. I know the work-around of first selecting then deselecting an existing line that has the properties that I want before drawing a new one, but that's a kludge. Who actually likes this new color picker? I mean, what use is that amount of granularity for adjusting colors on a layer that no one but the DM can see?

Edited 1659099580
Rick A. said: I saw some previous threads regarding the color picker used on the DL layer, but they didn't get enough votes to stay open. I'm resurrecting the issue because I had to deal with this silly thing again while working on some maps in my game yesterday. Among other reasons, I use the DoorKnocker MOD, which uses colors for discerning between different types of doors and this new color picker makes things very tedious. I know the work-around of first selecting then deselecting an existing line that has the properties that I want before drawing a new one, but that's a kludge. Who actually likes this new color picker? I mean, what use is that amount of granularity for adjusting colors on a layer that no one but the DM can see? +1! It is REALLY annyoing as they now have 2 Color pickers! ONE for the normal Layers (Map / Token / GM) and the other one (where you need to choose your color via RGB) for Dynamic Lighting Layer... This is especially annoying if you use SCRIPTS that RELY on certain colors for it to work... A lot of unnecessary changes and tbh it is A PAIN to use those features right now... Also the reveal Tool: When using normal Fog of war you have the normal options... however, if dynamic lighting is active these options change to a complete different menu... WHY THIS BS? WHY not 1 Menu for everything? (Same for the Color Picker; 1 Color Picker is ENOUGH!!!)
Looking at the new color picker UI, I can see how this could be a problem with dynamic lighting. When I sketch out all the lines needed to make walls and such for lighting, I want them all to be the same color. With the old UI I could always pick the same square. Now I have to enter the correct hexadecimal value. Which is a little more work with the system clipboard. I mean I can make it work but small amount of extra effort is a bit tedious after an umpteenth revision. 
Are you sure about that? Color Picker for DL looks like this: It looks different, but you still have the squares to pick from... for the rest you have the simple color picker...
I wonder why the color picker for the DL layer is still different from the one used on the other layers? I mean, I do very much appreciate that they added the color swatches to this new one! I just wonder why they don't use the same style of pallet in all cases.
In regards to Doorknocker Script they should also mention that below all the swatches you can input html color codes as well...  Rick A. said: I wonder why the color picker for the DL layer is still different from the one used on the other layers? I mean, I do very much appreciate that they added the color swatches to this new one! I just wonder why they don't use the same style of pallet in all cases.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .