Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I trigger a rollable table roll like I trigger a dice roll within a Macro?

Paul B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I want to be able to trigger a rollable table roll as you would trigger a roll like [[d20]] within a macro.  This is so I can trigger a number of rollable table rolls at once.  So basically, what is the quickest / shortest way to trigger a roll on one of my rollable tables within a macro... that will allow me to trigger six rollable table rolls with one click of a button on the macro bar?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
The generic format is [[ Nt[tableName] ]], so to sum up six rolls on a numeric rollable table would be [[ 6t[tableName] ]]. If you have text entries in your tables, pretty sure you'll need to use discrete [[ 1t[tableName] ]] rolls and, say, format them within a template. Note that a rollable table entry that contains inline rolls itself will not be fully processed. This is only possible with a mod/script like RecursiveTable.

Edited 1658976151
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What David says is right. If you use [[3t[some-text-table]]], it will show the first text entry, and hovering will show all three. If you use /r 3t[some-text-table]]], it will list all three text results, but the formatting is not as pleasant.  RecursiveTable is a Mod Script that has multiple formatting options  as well as letting you nest rolls. 

Edited 1658975602
Paul B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the help guys! Managed to get it working... &{template:default} {{name=Area Description Special}} {{Monsters=[[ 1t[ADT-Special-Monsters]]]}} {{Features=[[ 1t[ADT-Special-Features]]]}} {{NPC=[[ 1t[ADT-Special-NPC]]]}} {{Treasure=[[ 1t[ADT-Treasure]]]}} {{Weather=[[ 1t[ADT-Weather]]]}} {{Random Event=[[ 1t[ADT-Special-Random-Event]]]}}