Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Updating Map Thumbnail

While culling unused graphics from my library, I unintentionally deleted some maps that I still need. I re-uploaded the jpg files and aligned them to the grid, DL lines, etc., but the page toolbar no longer shows thumbnails for those maps; it only shows the "broken graphic" symbol. Is there a way to update these thumbnails?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Rick! If the original image is still on the page (but broken, because you deleted the image from your library), the thumbnail might still be trying to display that. See if you can find the broken image.You can also try duplicating the page without the map layer using the true duplication button, and just place a new map image.

Edited 1659724737
keithcurtis said: See if you can find the broken image. How do I do that? I've had one other issue with accidentally deleted images that I "fixed" by recreating maps, though those were much simpler because they consisted of a single uploaded jpg file. I'd rather not use the map duplication method for these two maps because excluding the map also excludes all the lines on the DL layer, and these are fairly complex maps. That's too much time to invest to solve what really just an inconvenience. Edit: I came up with a kludge. I stretched the replacement jpg by a tiny amount (not enough to mess up the alignment with the DL lines) which made it bigger than the original. Now the thumbnail shows up because the new graphic is "bigger" than the original.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That should work. My other workaround suggestion would have been to duplicate the page (just in case), and then select all and delete everything on the map layer. In theory that should grab and delete any broken images. Then place the new image.
I'll remember that. I also need to remember to be more careful when pruning my graphics library, since I don't know of any way to back that up and there's no "undelete" function. Thanks for the suggestions!