Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hotkey to switch to torch place tool???

Has anyone found the keyboard shortcut to switch to torch placement?
I'm pretty sure that there is not currently a keyboard shortcut for the Place Light tool.  I just tested out all the keys that I could and didn't see any that switched to the 'torch', and I don't see it listed anywhere on the wiki or in the in-game hotkeys listing. Sounds like this would make a good suggestion !
Right.  I checked the properties and it’s set to the no keyed property of “”.  So yeah it’s not been coded yet.  Thanks for the reply tho.  
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How badly do you want it? You can add your own if you want, though they'll only last until you refresh the page or quit: document.addEventListener('keydown', ({ target, key }) => { if (target.id === 'finalcanvas' && key === 't') $('#placelight')[0].click() }); Pasting that into the browser console would bind 't' to the torch tool while the canvas is in focus, for example. If you really want your own hotkeys you could use fire/grease/tampermonkey to autoload the script when you enter a campaign.
No one has found the keyboard shortcut to switch to torch placement. However, you can use the following work-around: open the inventory, hold down the 'use item' key (default LMB), and then scroll through the hotbar until the torch is selected. This will allow you to quickly place torches without having to switch back and forth between your hotbar.