Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Enhancement Request: Copy Spells from Existing Sheet (5E D&D)

It would be cool to add the ability to copy spells from one sheet to another, as spells are the hardest (most time consuming) thing to input overall. I'll leave the UI design to the sheet author. :)
You can duplicate the sheet and then change the different information.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
This is not in the realm of Sheet Author capability. This would likely require the API (A Pro subscriber perk)
Finderski said: This is not in the realm of Sheet Author capability. This would likely require the API (A Pro subscriber perk) Button on sheet: "Copy to Clipboard" Button on sheet: "Paste from Clipboard" Seems to be a sheet author's domain to me.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Zaodon said: Seems to be a sheet author's domain to me. If it is that simple, show us how it is done!  I expect that would be something many sheet authors would incorporate into their sheets.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Zaodon said: Finderski said: This is not in the realm of Sheet Author capability. This would likely require the API (A Pro subscriber perk) Button on sheet: "Copy to Clipboard" Button on sheet: "Paste from Clipboard" Seems to be a sheet author's domain to me. And yet...it's not. The javascript available to character sheets doesn't allow us to interact directly with the DOM. Not to mention, a simple copy/paste wouldn't achieve what you want it to, otherwise I'd say just use CTRL+C/V, but I'm assuming you're already doing that and aren't satisfied with that experience. If you want to copy spell data from character sheet, simply copying to the clipboard wouldn't maintain the structure you'd need to paste to the other character sheet (which I believe is what you're really after). If this sort of thing is possible, it's going to be the API.
Finderski said: Zaodon said: Finderski said: This is not in the realm of Sheet Author capability. This would likely require the API (A Pro subscriber perk) Button on sheet: "Copy to Clipboard" Button on sheet: "Paste from Clipboard" Seems to be a sheet author's domain to me. The javascript available to character sheets doesn't allow us to interact directly with the DOM. Really?  That's a shame.  I would have assumed you could execute code to extract the DOM or at least fabricate proper XML from that entry to send to the clipboard, and then read it back in, parse the XML, and re-create the spell entry.  Boo.