Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5eOGL] Short Rest button

When you hit the short rest button from character sheet, it ask you if you one to use hit dice, but the button is not enable for 0, so its force you to use at least 1 hit dice every short rest. As RAW, it should allow you to not use any hit dice when you finish a short rest
Isn't recovering HP a thing with Short Rests? But I see where this is going. If you have other Resources recovering on a short rest you do not necessarely need to recover HP, too.

Edited 1661854872
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hector G. said: When you hit the short rest button from character sheet, it ask you if you one to use hit dice, but the button is not enable for 0, so its force you to use at least 1 hit dice every short rest. As RAW, it should allow you to not use any hit dice when you finish a short rest Which 5e sheet are you asking about? There are a number of them.  If you are referencing the "5e by Roll20" sheet, the short rest button does not ask you how many hit dice you want to use to heal with. It does not give you hitpoints back at all as part of the short rest. You have to do that manually with the "5e by Roll20" sheet.  Perhaps you are using an API? If that is the case, I suggest directing this to the API forum.  If it is not the "5e by Roll20" sheet then I suggest contacting the sheet author and discussing it with them or posting in the character sheet forum. 

Edited 1661857079
It sure does! BUT only if you have  " Track Hit Dice Per Class " enabled in Settings! If you then click on "Short Rest" THIS appears: and as long as the 0 is inside the textarea, Roll Button is inaccessible! (So OP is right about this!) Also it is NOT possible to change the Die rolled as long as this setting is active! Gauss said: Hector G. said: When you hit the short rest button from character sheet, it ask you if you one to use hit dice, but the button is not enable for 0, so its force you to use at least 1 hit dice every short rest. As RAW, it should allow you to not use any hit dice when you finish a short rest Which 5e sheet are you asking about? There are a number of them.  If you are referencing the "5e by Roll20" sheet, the short rest button does not ask you how many hit dice you want to use to heal with. It does not give you hitpoints back at all as part of the short rest. You have to do that manually with the "5e by Roll20" sheet.  Perhaps you are using an API? If that is the case, I suggest directing this to the API forum.  If it is not the "5e by Roll20" sheet then I suggest contacting the sheet author and discussing it with them or posting in the character sheet forum. 

Edited 1661857630
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can close the prompt instead of clicking the OK button - the X in the top-right corner (I'm not saying it isn't a bug, just that there's a workaround).

Edited 1661865312
Oosh said: You can close the prompt instead of clicking the OK button - the X in the top-right corner (I'm not saying it isn't a bug, just that there's a workaround). If you close it, it not restore resources (the ones that it get restored when you use a 1 hit dice for example) Thanks for the explanation Markus!  TheMarkus1204  said: It sure does! BUT only if you have " Track Hit Dice Per Class " enabled in Settings! If you then click on "Short Rest" THIS appears: and as long as the 0 is inside the textarea, Roll Button is inaccessible! (So OP is right about this!)  Also it is NOT possible to change the Die rolled as long as this setting is active!
I just test this and if you setup your resource to reset at short rest, they will reset. I test this including closing the hit dice pop-up and it works as it should. 
As Warlord mentioned you need to set the Resource itselt to recover on a short rest. To do this you need to first click on the Cogwheel that appears if you hover over the Resource field: After clicking, select "Short Rest" and click on the cogwheel again to close it: This is all you need to do. Then you can close the additional Popup that comes when clicking Short rest hitting the X in the top right corner and no Hit Die will be rolled. Hector G. said: Oosh said: You can close the prompt instead of clicking the OK button - the X in the top-right corner (I'm not saying it isn't a bug, just that there's a workaround). If you close it, it not restore resources (the ones that it get restored when you use a 1 hit dice for example) Thanks for the explanation Markus! 
Perfect! Thanks for that info, I just tested it and work as intended
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said: It sure does! BUT only if you have  " Track Hit Dice Per Class " enabled in Settings! If you then click on "Short Rest" THIS appears: and as long as the 0 is inside the textarea, Roll Button is inaccessible! (So OP is right about this!) Also it is NOT possible to change the Die rolled as long as this setting is active! Well, learn something new. I hadn't ever had a need to use that. Thanks for the explanation. Still, it can just be closed.