Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marvel Multiverse TTRPG Update 1.1.2

Greetings, I have recently discovered that upon updating my Marvel Multiverse TTRPG Playtest game from 1.1.1. to 1.1.2 that ALL of my character sheets, handouts, everything was deleted. Is this a planned feature or is there a bug in the system? I am curious if this will be fixed as, if it is not, I have a lot of work ahead of me. Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Edited 1662181594
Gauss
Forum Champion
I would submit a Help Center request asking for assistance with your game, the Devs may be able to reset it to the pre-updated state. Acting sooner on this is better than later.&nbsp; Here is a starting point:&nbsp; <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360005888994" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360005888994</a> After the Devs reset your game to an earlier state, back it up, then you could opt to update one of the copies of &nbsp;the game&nbsp; and migrate the character sheets manually or via Transmogrifier (assuming that works in this case).&nbsp;
Oof! Thanks, that's what I was fearing. I have already reverted my game to an earlier state so I suppose I will wait to hear anything official before proceeding with that strategy.&nbsp;
Well, I am guess I am not receiving any further help with this issue. I filed a request at the Help Center, but haven't heard anything since.
Hey Jack (and anyone else who may check this out another time)! Checking on our end, I did see a response from one of our agents -- can you check your spam? It may have been nabbed by a filter. That said, I'll go ahead and re-share a bit of the information as it is likely helpful for others as well. Due to the patching process, it is possible for content to be overwritten. Assets affected is determined by what content was interacted with in the updating process. For example, if you have a pre-made sheet that you've added some custom content to, and in the patch there was a change made to that sheet, your custom content would be overwritten due to the asset needing to be updated. In this instance, the new Marvel Playtest patch modified a large amount &nbsp;of content including every single character's stats. This means all of that content would be affected and overwritten. In addition tothis, the Marvel Playtest by Roll20 character sheet was also updated alongside the patch to facilitate other changes (i.e. Archetypes was completely removed from the game). A rollback/reversion as you mention is the only way to recover that custom data, so I am glad you were able to get that content back. For anyone who is NOT a pro subscriber who may be affected by something similar, please feel free to contact us via Roll20.net/help explaining the situation and we will be happy to help you out. We recommend creating a copy of a game before patching, especially in this instance, just to ensure no custom content is lost. Jack, if you still are unable to find that response to your support ticket, please feel free to PM me!