Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder 2E Random Encounter Macro

Hey all. I wanted to know if it was possible to delegate random encounter rolls to a single macro for ease of use, but I'm pretty new with macros. In Pathfinder 2e there is a d20 roll to see if an encounter happens at all (book suggests to vary the DC by terrain), followed by a d10 to determine the type of encounter (harmless, hazard, or creature), and capped off with a d20 roll based on the area's random encounter table. Would it be possible to set something up to where... 1.) When the macro button is hit, it asks you for the crit range of the d20 roll. 2.) If the result meets or beats the crit range, it will then call the other two rolls somehow?

Edited 1662595019
Gauss
Forum Champion
If I understand correctly you have the following:  1) d20 roll to see if there is an encounter, easily done 2) 1d10 roll to see what environment, easily done 3) roll to see what encounter from that environment, can be done with a rollable table.  4a) If you want to automate 1 into 2 into 3 I would have to play around to see if it can be done.  4b) If you want to make it a 2 button click it is relatively easy. Combine #1 and #2 into success/failure macro where on a failure there is no result. I will come up with that for you momentarily. 
Automating 1 into 2 into 3 would be ideal, but a 2 button click is acceptable if option A leads to too much hair-tearing.

Edited 1662596762
Gauss
Forum Champion
For #1 and #2 here is the following:  Macro: Encounter environment check [[({{1d20, 0d0+X}>X}-1)*1d10]] Replace both instances of X with the d20 threshold for an encounter (such as 15-20 would be 15). If it is a variable value you can use a query such as: ?{encounter threshold|15} Make sure you replace both instances of X with the same value or query.  For button 2 (#3): set up tables for each environment, then make a macro that calls those tables.  Example: /gmroll 1t[?{rollable table|1,Goblinoid|2,Animal}]  The "1" and "2" in the query are from the result of the first macro. Ie: select the number that corresponds to the previous macro's roll.  This creates a query where you select each table. For this example I created a table of Goblinoids (Goblins, Hobgoblins, etc.) and a table of Animals (Wolf, Tiger, etc). 
These work! Thank you!